Um, first of all, why was my post locked? all i wanted was to know how

• Thread starter tc_kid
  • Start date
In summary: Your https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?p=1490198&posted=1#post1490198 has been moved to the GD forum and has been reopened under a restricted domain of discussion that is allowed.
tc_kid
um, first of all, why was my post locked? all i wanted was to know how to patent my idea.if adding this post is in anyway out of line then i apologise and please inform me and explain why. should my post have been under another topic? if it was locked just because the idea is far fetched then i do not think that is fair as i had not yet received a satisfying answer to my question. there are still a lot of areas of physics that are not fully understood and i don't think we should ever completely dismiss any idea.

second,i have already had a couple trusted people to look over the plans already, my friend who is a straight-A student and a teacher, neither could see anything wrong with it (although they both told me they probably overlooked something and not to get my hopes up).
i do understand energy conservation, I've been getting lectured about it for months from my friend who was extremely skeptical(he made me abandon more than 50 designs until i came up with this one, which he admitted to have no fault with) plus we covered it in tenth grade.
i myself am not a total noob when it comes to this stuff, i started high voltage experiments(tesla coils and stuff) when i was 11 (5 years ago) and my room has been a lab ever since. last year i took a year off school to do a marine engineering inturnship(although I am more into aerospace)

so yes, I am pretty confident with my knowledge and the design and id just like to know how to have my intelectual property rights protected(even if it doesn't workout) because something this big will definitely be high priority for property theives/pirates if it is successful or even now in the planning stages. As soon as i get the patent i will post designs and everything but until then i need to figure out how to get the damn patent... anybody know how?

Physics news on Phys.org
tc_kid said:
so yes, I am pretty confident with my knowledge and the design and id just like to know how to have my intelectual property rights protected(even if it doesn't workout) because something this big will definitely be high priority for property theives/pirates if it is successful or even now in the planning stages. As soon as i get the patent i will post designs and everything but until then i need to figure out how to get the damn patent... anybody know how?

Grab a phone book. Under Lawyers, look for Patent Lawyers. Give them a call, they can outline the processes, cost and timelines for you before you pay them anything. Then you will know how much money you need and what has to happen in what order to protect your intellectual property. As I recall the current process from searches to filing, to laying open the patent (patent pending) to final patent issue is about 2 years, but I could be off a bit depending on whether you want a patent in your country alone or a World patent from the World Patent Office.

Outright crackpottery isn't allowed, per the PF Guidelines.

Your thread is locked because we are still deciding if it deserves a deletion, a warning, an infraction, or to simply to let it go as it is. Perpetual Motion posts used to belong in the S&D forum, but even there, it is no longer tolerated fully.

Until this is decided, please refrain from posting anything related to this. BTW, the US Patent Office has a standing order to no longer accept any over-unity machine. So I'd say you have almost no chance of having a patent on something like this unless you build it, and demonstrate it in front of someone knowledgeable.

Zz.

Your https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?p=1490198&posted=1#post1490198 has been moved to the GD forum and has been reopened under a restricted domain of discussion that is allowed.

Zz.

What is the reason for my post being locked?

Your post may have been locked due to a violation of the community guidelines or terms of service. It is also possible that your post contained sensitive or inappropriate content.

Can I request for my post to be unlocked?

Yes, you can request for your post to be unlocked by reaching out to the platform's support team. They will review your post and determine if it can be unlocked.

Will my post be deleted if it is locked?

No, your post will not be automatically deleted if it is locked. However, if it violates the community guidelines, it may be removed by the platform's moderators.

Can I edit my post after it has been locked?

In most cases, you will not be able to edit your post after it has been locked. This is to prevent any further violations of the community guidelines. However, you can always create a new post with the updated information.

How can I avoid having my posts locked in the future?

To avoid having your posts locked, make sure to read and follow the community guidelines and terms of service. Avoid posting sensitive or inappropriate content and respect the rules set by the platform.