Witricity (wireless transmission of power)

Magnetic_resonance_couplingIn summary, the conversation is about a project on witricity, specifically using magnetic resonant coupling for wireless transmission of power. The person is asking if a frequency sweep can be done to attain the resonant frequency and if a resonant transformer can be used for magnetic resonance. They also inquire about alternatives and ask for suggestions. The expert suggests that frequency sweep is typically used to find resonances and that transformers can be optimized for wide-band or resonant operation. They also propose the wikipedia.org site as a useful resource for information on magnetic resonance coupling.
kautilya
i am doing a project on witricity (wireless transmission of power) using magnetic resonant coupling. can i do a frequency sweep to attain the resonant frequency? can i use resonant transformer to achieve magnetic resonance.
if not, what is the alternative? i would value your suggestions.

alternatively, you can propose a site which would be of some use to me.

regards

kautilya

Engineering news on Phys.org
kautilya said:
i am doing a project on witricity (wireless transmission of power) using magnetic resonant coupling. can i do a frequency sweep to attain the resonant frequency? can i use resonant transformer to achieve magnetic resonance.
if not, what is the alternative? i would value your suggestions.

Frequency sweep is usually how you find resonances. Transformers can be optimized for wide-band operation, or resonant operation.

kautilya said:
alternatively, you can propose a site which would be of some use to me.

regards

kautilya

The wikipedia.org site has a reasonably good intro page:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wireless_power_transmission

Hello Kautilya,

Thank you for sharing your project on witricity and magnetic resonant coupling. It is an interesting and innovative topic in the field of wireless power transmission.

To answer your first question, yes, you can definitely do a frequency sweep to attain the resonant frequency for your project. This is a common practice in the field of wireless power transfer using magnetic resonant coupling. The resonant frequency is a crucial factor in achieving efficient power transfer and it is important to find the right frequency for your specific setup.

As for your second question, using a resonant transformer is a common method to achieve magnetic resonance in wireless power transfer. It is a key component in the system and plays a critical role in achieving efficient power transfer. Other alternatives to achieve magnetic resonance include using a resonant circuit or a resonant coil.

In terms of additional resources, I would recommend checking out the website of the Wireless Power Consortium (WPC) - they are a global organization working towards the standardization of wireless power transfer technology. They have a lot of information and resources related to witricity and magnetic resonant coupling that could be useful for your project.

I wish you all the best in your project and hope you are able to successfully achieve wireless power transmission using magnetic resonant coupling.

Best regards,

1. What is Witricity?

Witricity, also known as wireless electricity or wireless transmission of power, is a technology that enables the transfer of electrical energy between two objects without the use of wires or physical contact.

2. How does Witricity work?

Witricity uses the principles of magnetic resonance coupling to transfer energy between two objects. A magnetic field is created between a power source (such as a charging pad) and a receiver (such as a device with a built-in receiver coil), allowing energy to be transferred wirelessly.

3. Is Witricity safe?

Yes, Witricity is safe. The technology uses low frequencies and is non-ionizing, meaning it does not produce harmful radiation. The power levels used are also very low, making it safe for everyday use.

4. What are the potential applications of Witricity?

Witricity has the potential to revolutionize the way we power and charge our devices. It can be used for wireless charging of electronic devices, powering implantable medical devices, and even wirelessly charging electric vehicles.

5. What are the advantages of Witricity over traditional wired power transmission?

Witricity eliminates the need for wires, allowing for more flexibility and convenience. It also reduces the risk of electrical hazards and eliminates the need for multiple charging cables for different devices. Additionally, Witricity can be more efficient than traditional wired power transmission methods.