Managing Ports and Connections in DOS: A Quick Guide

• Thread starter expscv
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Dos
In summary, to turn on/off a port on Windows XP, you can use a firewall like Zone Alarm. To check for established connections on your computer using DOS, you can use the command "netstat -a". Alternatively, you can use the command "net users" to see the IDs of people who have logged into your computer.
expscv
1. how do i turn on/off a port? in m using win xp

2. how do i see the connect been established with my pc using DOS?

many thanks

Computer science news on Phys.org
Use a firewall like zone alarm to open/close ports

I don't know the command you would use to tell who's logged into your computer from dos. I know in linux I can do "who".

try using net USERS in ur Command prompt window to see the Ids of ppl who have logged on to ut computer

expscv said:
1. how do i turn on/off a port? in m using win xp

2. how do i see the connect been established with my pc using DOS?

many thanks
ni hao,
netstat -a can help you, my friend...lol...

Great Thanks vance , that’s just wat I need

1. How do I view all active connections in DOS?

To view all active connections in DOS, you can use the command netstat -a. This will display a list of all active connections, as well as the associated IP addresses and ports.

2. Can I view only specific types of connections in DOS?

Yes, you can use the netstat -p command to view only specific types of connections, such as TCP or UDP. You can also use the netstat -n command to view numerical addresses instead of domain names.

3. How can I view the status of a specific connection in DOS?

You can use the netstat -s command to view the status of a specific connection in DOS. This will display detailed information about the connection, including the number of packets sent and received.

4. Is it possible to view connections in real-time in DOS?

Yes, you can use the netstat -c command to continuously view connections in real-time in DOS. This will update the list every few seconds, allowing you to monitor changes in connections.

5. Can I save the output of the netstat command to a file?

Yes, you can save the output of the netstat command to a file by using the netstat -o command. This will save the output to a text file, which you can then view or analyze later.