GRE Physics Test Registration: When and How to Sign Up?

In summary, the conversation revolves around the GRE-Physics test and its registration process. The test is offered three times a year, but in India, it is only offered in November. The 2008-2009 test dates are already out, but the online registration process is not yet open for the upcoming year. The speaker is seeking information on when the registration process will open and expresses concern about missing the deadline. Another person mentions that the registration process will most likely open in August. The conversation also discusses the availability of testing centers and the need for international students to register early. Finally, it is mentioned that the registration for the Physics GRE is now open and November 8th is the tentative test date.
Reshma
Hello Everyone!

I am planning to appear for the GRE-Physics test this year. As most of you all know it is offered 3 times a year viz. October, November & April. However, in India (where I study) the subject test is offered only in the month of November.

The 2008-09 test dates are out, but when I tried registering online at this link on ETS site: https://web1.gre.org:446/gre/gremain_srv.htm, I get the message "Subject Registration is closed for this testing year" on the link. I assume it is for the 2007-08 testing year.

I am sure many here might be taking the test this year. Can someone tell me the tentative date or period when the online registration process starts? I don't want to miss out on the deadline since I have only one testing date.:frown: Please do post any GRE-Physics related info over here or PM me.

Warm Regards,
Reshma

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Looks like you may have to wait until August.

Check our Web site in August for the upcoming year's Subject Test registration information.

That's a little strange, although the site says online registration is open 24 hours a day.

Reshma said:
That's a little strange, although the site says online registration is open 24 hours a day.

Why is this strange? You wouldn't expect to be able to register for a test 100 years from now online, even if it were open 24 hours a day. This is just a matter of degree - they are apparently taking November reservations starting in August.

Well, it is an issue for international students especially because they have registration deadlines upto 2 weeks earlier than US citizens and the availability of a testing center is subject to change at any time of the year. So it is indeed necessary to register at the earliest date available during a testing year (not 100 years!).

FYI, it seems the registeration for the Physics GRE is open on the ETS website. November 8th seems to be the date.

Yes, I noticed it last week! :smile:

What is the GRE Physics test?

The GRE Physics test is an exam designed to assess a student's knowledge of physics at the undergraduate level. It covers various topics including classical mechanics, electromagnetism, quantum mechanics, thermodynamics, and optics.

Who can take the GRE Physics test?

Anyone can take the GRE Physics test, as long as they have a bachelor's degree or are currently enrolled in a bachelor's degree program. There are no specific educational or age requirements to take the exam.

How do I register for the GRE Physics test?

You can register for the GRE Physics test online through the official ETS website. You will need to create an account, select a test date and location, and pay the registration fee. You can also register by phone or mail.

What is the registration fee for the GRE Physics test?

The registration fee for the GRE Physics test is $150 for test takers in the United States, U.S. Territories, and Puerto Rico. The fee may vary for international test takers. Additional fees may apply for late registration or rescheduling.

When should I register for the GRE Physics test?

It is recommended to register for the GRE Physics test at least 2-3 months before your desired test date. This will give you enough time to prepare and also allow you to choose a preferred test date and location. Late registration is also available, but additional fees may apply.