Have A Link Under The Post Count

• Thread starter LightbulbSun
  • Start date
Andre pointed out that there is already a way to search for a member's posts by clicking on their username and selecting "find more posts by [user]" from the drop down menu, which isn't very time consuming.- Warren clarified that he meant a clickable post count specifically.- The others expressed their opinions on the potential feature, with some saying it is unnecessary and others saying it would be a nice addition.- In summary, there was a discussion about potentially adding a feature for members to quickly search their own posts by clicking on their post count. Some thought it was unnecessary due to the existing search method, while others saw it as a nice
LightbulbSun
For each member so people can search their posts much quicker. Just an idea I had when I moused over my post count. :cool:

Physics news on Phys.org
What do you mean? You want the post count to be clickable? It's possibly a good idea, but note that you can search a members' posts by clicking the username and then selecting "find more posts by [user]" from the drop down menu. This isn't too time consuming.

That's true but it's the difference between "not too time consuming" and perfection.

cristo said:
What do you mean? You want the post count to be clickable?

Yes. Like Andre said, it's the difference between "not too time consuming" and perfection. :cool:

LightbulbSun said:
Yes. Like Andre said, it's the difference between "not too time consuming" and perfection. :cool:

Ok, well I'm sure Greg will notice this soon and take the suggestion onboard.

It is so easy now... and additional link will clutter the screen. Not a good idea IMHO.

Just my $.02

Yeah, we're not going to clutter the page up just to save you one single click.

- Warren

What is a "link under the post count"?

A "link under the post count" refers to a hyperlink that appears below the number of posts on a website or forum. This link often leads to more information about the user, such as their profile or previous posts.

Why do some websites have a link under the post count?

Websites may have a link under the post count to encourage user engagement and facilitate community building. This link allows users to easily access more information about each other and continue conversations beyond individual posts.

How is the link under the post count generated?

The link under the post count is typically automatically generated by the website's coding. It is often linked to the user's profile page or a list of their previous posts.

Can the link under the post count be customized?

Yes, the link under the post count can be customized by the website's administrator. They may choose to link to different pages or add additional information to the link, such as a user's reputation or status.

Is the link under the post count important?

The link under the post count may not be essential for all websites, but it can be a useful tool for user engagement and community building. It also provides easy access to more information about individual users, which can be helpful for moderators and members of the community.