Graphic technique for math problem solving

In summary, Mind Graph is a graphic technique used to solve math problems by organizing information in a visual manner. The method involves placing the topic in the center and using arrows to develop it, with the growth of the drawing moving from the center to the periphery. It consists of three elements: boxes for storing information, arrows for extracting information, and extension lines that have a similar purpose to boxes. The technique can be further explained on the website http://www.freewarefiles.com/programs.php?ProgramID=9665&categoryid=16&subcategoryid=168 .
ANGELSP
Hello , the other day I discover a graphic technique very useful to solve math problems ...
It has got foundations of different branches of the knowledge ...
There are a few examples of how to solve math problems
ahh the technique is "Mind Graph"
Best Regards
Angel S.P.
http://www.mind-graph.net/mind%20graph%20web/LIMIT(by-hand).png

Mathematics news on Phys.org
Hi AngelSP

This is cool...thanks :-)

Cheers
Vivek

Hey I thought that site was kind of retarded. But maybe I just didn't get it ?

Oh yeah I probably just don't get it. Anyone want to explain it further ?

Am I missing something here? I can find no link that explains what these Mind Graphs are and how to create them or interpret them.

What's going on ?? I don't get it. Looked through 2 examples...found some incoherent scribbles...no obvious solution appeared anywhere !

Aclarations

About this method ...
The first thing that you should know is that you begins putting the topic on the center of the paper
The center can be a word, a drawing, a sentence, etc
You can developing that central topic with the help of questions (arrows)
The growth of the drawing is from the center to the periphery
It has 3 elements: the boxes, the arrows and the extensions lines
The extensions lines and the boxes are very similar semantically
The boxes are to store the information
The arrows are to extract information (like a function)

You can see explanation of this method in : http://www.freewarefiles.com/programs.php?ProgramID=9665&categoryid=16&subcategoryid=168 [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:

1. What is graphic technique for math problem solving?

The graphic technique for math problem solving is a visual approach to solving mathematical problems. It involves representing the problem using diagrams, graphs, or charts to better understand and solve the problem.

2. How does graphic technique help in solving math problems?

The use of visual aids in the graphic technique helps individuals better understand the problem, see patterns and relationships, and make connections between different elements in the problem. It also allows for a more organized and structured approach to problem-solving.

3. Is graphic technique suitable for all types of math problems?

Yes, the graphic technique can be applied to different types of math problems, including algebra, geometry, statistics, and even word problems. It is a versatile tool that can be adapted to various mathematical concepts and topics.

4. Can graphic technique be used in combination with other problem-solving methods?

Absolutely. The graphic technique can be used alone or in combination with other problem-solving methods, such as algebraic equations or logical reasoning. It can also be used to check the accuracy of solutions obtained through other methods.

5. Are there any downsides to using graphic technique for math problem solving?

The only potential downside of using graphic technique is that it may take longer to solve a problem compared to using other methods. However, the visual representation often leads to a better understanding of the problem and a more accurate solution, making it a valuable problem-solving tool.