Inertial Propulsion Discussion: Energy Conservation

In summary, the discussion is about inertial propulsion and a proposed experiment using gas with plasma or nano particles with superconductor. The idea is to use disks made of diamagnetic material to create an angular trajectory and transfer energy to the chamber wall. However, this idea goes against the first law of thermodynamics and is considered crackpottery.
Gitirana
In the follow link we are having a discussion about inertial propulsion: http://www.gyroscopes.org/forum/questions.asp?id=994

Bellow I transcript an open question that I’d like to share with you:

The question is: How will be the energy conservation in the following experiment:

“These experiment model is only for model test proposition because the model that I though probably will use gas with plasma or nano particles with super conductor.

All propulsion systems are based in the rule that to move in one direction we need to push mass in another direction in a linear system, it’s avoid the inertial propulsion.

What I though? Why the propelled mass need to follow in a linear direction? Why we cannot use particles or small pieces that after fired assume a behavior like a boomerang returning for its starting point? And in order to have a null effect of this principle may we shut the small pieces in the opposite directions with one mass using the other as a support to be fired?

Then I though: And if we use disks made by diamagnetic material allowing the floatation without any contact. One disk turning in an opposite direction of other. The disks may have teeth like small ramps. When one of disk touches the other, due the high rotation the teeth send them for opposite directions. A mechanical device may be used in each disk to change its form when this shut happens; we may change the disk form to allow it turn out of mass center helping to create the angular trajectory.

What do we will have: 2 masses propelled one against to other moving with its inertial energy in an angular (non linear trajectory), for same side and inside of an box or chamber. But instead of these 2 disks return for its start point, in the middle way they will collide with chamber wall transferring its energy.

The big jump will be the usage of superconductor material to break the physical connection. The disks that will float free may be accelerate magnetically without physical contact. To feed the system again, the disk may loose its diamagnetic condition by using a laser and falling in feedback mechanisms.

I’m trying to identify if with this new materials I found a breach in the energy conservation rule or if I’ missing some thing!

Again thank you from a friend in the other side of planet!”

Engineering news on Phys.org
Gitirana said:
I’m trying to identify if with this new materials I found a breach in the energy conservation rule or if I’ missing some thing!

You cannot break the first law of thermodynamics, no matter how many hi-tech devices or how much techno-jargon you use. Sorry.

Welcome to PF, Gitirana. Please reread the PF guidelines: we deal only in real physics here. Claims that explicitly violate such well established principles as the first law of thermodynamics are crackpottery and not allowed here.

1. What is inertial propulsion and how does it work?

Inertial propulsion is a type of propulsion that uses the principle of conservation of energy to create motion. It works by using the law of inertia, which states that an object at rest will stay at rest and an object in motion will stay in motion unless acted upon by an external force. In inertial propulsion, an object is accelerated and then allowed to decelerate, creating a net force that propels the object forward.

2. How does inertial propulsion relate to energy conservation?

Inertial propulsion relies on the conservation of energy, which is a fundamental law of physics stating that energy cannot be created or destroyed, only transferred or converted from one form to another. In inertial propulsion, energy is converted from potential energy (stored energy) to kinetic energy (motion) and back again, resulting in a net force that propels the object forward.

3. What are the potential applications of inertial propulsion?

Inertial propulsion has potential applications in the fields of space travel, transportation, and renewable energy. In space travel, inertial propulsion could be used to reduce the amount of fuel needed for long-distance journeys. In transportation, it could potentially be used in vehicles to increase efficiency and reduce emissions. In renewable energy, inertial propulsion could be used to generate electricity from the motion of objects, such as ocean waves or wind.

4. Are there any limitations or challenges with inertial propulsion?

One of the main limitations of inertial propulsion is the need for a constant energy input to maintain motion. This means that it is not a perpetual motion machine and will eventually run out of energy. Additionally, the technology for creating and controlling inertial propulsion is still in its early stages and there are many challenges to be overcome before it can be used in practical applications.

5. What are some current research and developments in the field of inertial propulsion?

There are ongoing research and developments in the field of inertial propulsion, including experiments with different designs and materials, as well as studies on how to control and sustain motion. Some recent advancements include the use of superconductors and magnetism to create and control inertial propulsion, as well as the development of algorithms and software to optimize and improve its efficiency.