Equations, Step by step solution

• Thread starter Sword7
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses researching math software, specifically mentioning Maple Portal's equation step by step solution for simplifying integral or complex equations. The person is interested in finding similar software, ruling out Scilab and Octave which are similar to Matlab. They also mention the website https://www.integral-calculator.com/ for integration.
Sword7
Hello folks,

I was researching some math software through the Internet. I learned something from Maplesoft.com about Maple Portal but for student edition only. It offers equation step by step solution for simplifing integral or complex equations into simple equations. It will help my skill for refreshment because I took Calculus courses and graduated with CS degree many years ago.

Which commerical/free software do offer similar like that? Scilab? Octave? Mathematica? etc...

Thanks!
Sword7

Physics news on Phys.org
Scilab and Octave are like Matlab, and I know that Matlab doesn't show simplification steps, so those two are ruled out. No idea about Mathematica. For integration, you can check this site: https://www.integral-calculator.com/

1. What is an equation?

An equation is a mathematical statement that shows the relationship between two or more quantities. It typically consists of variables, constants, and mathematical operations.

2. How do I solve an equation?

To solve an equation, you need to isolate the variable on one side of the equation by using inverse operations. This means that you perform the opposite operation on both sides of the equation until the variable is alone on one side.

3. What is a step by step solution?

A step by step solution is a method of solving equations by breaking down the problem into smaller, more manageable steps. This allows you to clearly see the process and understand how to solve the equation.

4. Why is it important to show the steps when solving an equation?

Showing the steps when solving an equation is important because it allows you to check your work and identify any mistakes you may have made. It also helps you understand the process and apply it to similar problems in the future.

5. Can equations be solved using different methods?

Yes, equations can be solved using different methods, such as substitution, elimination, or graphing. The method used depends on the type of equation and personal preference. However, the end result should always be the same.