Ti89: display text and variable

In summary, To display both text and a variable on the same line using a TI-89 calculator, you can use the & symbol to concatenate the strings. For example, "the answer is " & b will display "the answer is 7" if b has a value of 7.
jaredmt
with ti89, how can i display both text and variable on the same line?
i tried
Code:
"the answer is " + b
and a bunch of other things but nothing has worked so far

edit:
it said somewhere on tnhe internet that i can do:
Code:
"the answer is " b
but when i run the program all you see is
7 "the answer is "
instead of
the answer is 7
then when go back to edit the code it is automatically set to
Code:
"the answer is "*b

Last edited:
Computer science news on Phys.org
I think the TI-89 treats "expA expB" as a request to multiply expA and expB together.

It's been awhile but what I suggest doing is converting b to a string, then adding it to your normal string. So like it would be

"the answer is " + string(b)

"string" may not be the name of the conversion function but there must be some way to go number->string.

ok that doesn't work either but i finally did find out. pretty much what you have, except instead of + you have to use &

1. How can I display text on my Ti89 calculator?

To display text on your Ti89 calculator, you can use the "disp" command followed by the text you want to display. For example, if you want to display the text "Hello World", you would type "disp Hello World" into the calculator and press enter.

2. Can I use variables in my text display on the Ti89 calculator?

Yes, you can use variables in your text display on the Ti89 calculator. Simply use the variable name in place of the text. For example, if you have a variable "x" with a value of 5, you can type "disp The value of x is: "x" into the calculator to display "The value of x is: 5".

3. How do I change the font size when displaying text on the Ti89 calculator?

To change the font size when displaying text on the Ti89 calculator, you can use the "textsize" command followed by the size you want. For example, if you want to display text in size 14 font, you would type "textsize 14" before the "disp" command.

4. Is it possible to display multiple lines of text on the Ti89 calculator?

Yes, you can display multiple lines of text on the Ti89 calculator by using the "newline" command. This will create a line break in your text display. For example, if you want to display "Hello" on one line and "World" on the next, you would type "disp Hello" followed by "newline" and then "disp World".

5. How do I clear the text display on the Ti89 calculator?

To clear the text display on the Ti89 calculator, you can use the "clrtext" command. This will clear any previously displayed text and leave a blank display. You can also use the "clrhome" command to clear the entire calculator screen, including any text or calculations.