Master Your Chemistry Exam with Expert Tips and Tricks!

In summary, the chatty male student was given extra credit for answers that were correct, even though he had finished the project two weeks before the final.
dduardo
Staff Emeritus
Chemistry news on Phys.org
too funny lool

.. why does it look like he was still being given points for those answers?

Monique said:
.. why does it look like he was still being given points for those answers?

I don't see any marks. Anyway, what makes you sure it's a "he" ?

This reminds me of a friend of mine in my controls class last year.

The way the class was set up, there were three tests, of which the two highest would count. The final was a large project.

My buddy had gotten reasonable grades on the first two tests, and he busted his butt and got the final project done before the last test - 2 weeks before it was due. He asked the professor to grade the project ASAP because if he got an 'A' on the project, he'd have an 'A' in the class. Sure enough, he got a good grade on the project, but the professor was a little confused when he walked into the last test with his notecards.

He filled out the test booklet and finished after about 20 minutes. Everyone was confused, because the test was brutal.

Turned out that the first "question" he answered was an essay about the dog from "The Dukes of Hazzard" - his favorite TV show. The second "answer" was a list of quotes from the most eccentric professor in the department. The third was a recipe for cookies, etc.

Gokul43201 said:
I don't see any marks. Anyway, what makes you sure it's a "he" ?
I don't know of too many females named Tim :)

The marks are the three little boxes right? Some have squares or dashes in them, those aren't related to the grading?

Monique said:
I don't know of too many females named Tim :)

The marks are the three little boxes right? Some have squares or dashes in them, those aren't related to the grading?

Tim, it is. Didn't notice that, did I ?

The crosses and dashes mean nothing. That was just the grader trying to mess with Tim's head !

Last edited:

1. What topics are typically covered on a chemistry exam?

Chemistry exams typically cover topics such as atomic structure, periodic table trends, chemical bonding, chemical reactions, stoichiometry, solutions, acids and bases, and thermodynamics.

2. How should I study for a chemistry exam?

The best way to study for a chemistry exam is to review your notes and textbook regularly, practice solving problems and equations, and use flashcards to memorize key concepts and formulas. It is also helpful to form study groups with classmates and attend review sessions with your teacher or tutor.

3. What types of questions can I expect on a chemistry exam?

Chemistry exams can have a variety of question types, including multiple choice, fill-in-the-blank, short answer, and problem-solving questions. It is important to read the instructions carefully and understand what is being asked before answering each question.

4. How can I improve my performance on a chemistry exam?

To improve your performance on a chemistry exam, it is important to attend all classes and take good notes, actively participate in class discussions and activities, and complete all homework and practice problems. It can also be helpful to ask your teacher for extra help or clarification on any topics you are struggling with.

5. What should I bring to a chemistry exam?

You should bring any necessary materials such as pens, pencils, a calculator, and a formula sheet (if allowed). It is also important to bring a positive attitude and confidence in your preparation and knowledge of the material. Don't forget to get a good night's sleep and eat a healthy breakfast before the exam as well!