Cheap ml range liquid flow sensor

In summary, the conversation is about finding companies that sell flow meters, specifically an in-line sensor with a 0-5V output. The initial question is for recommendations on companies that sell such flow meters for a lower cost, as most found are for high-end applications. Another person suggests two companies, King Instrument Co. and Weber Sensors Inc., and mentions their experience with them. A third person suggests looking at rotameters, and the original person mentions needing an in-line sensor with a 0-5V output. The conversation ends with a suggestion to provide more information about the application.
miva
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone know any companies which sell directly these items because it seems many of the ones i am finding are for high end applications...

Any help would be much appreciated.

Note: no liquids are corrosive and low viscosity etc generally just water will flow through it

Please help

Miles

Engineering news on Phys.org
Lots of different kinds of flow meters what are you looking for and how much money do you want to spend?

http://www.kinginstrumentco.com/"

I have used meters from these people and was happy with them. I paid about $140 for a flow meter with max flow of 30ml/min. They can make them for even lower flow.

We also had http://www.webersensorsinc.com/" at max flow of 10ml/min but they cost ~$1200 each.

Last edited by a moderator:
The flowmeter Integral is referring to is called a "rotameter". They're very cheap - I've seen them as low as ~$50. Try looking through http://www.mcmaster.com/#rotameters/=38ty37"as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks guys for the replies!
i'm more after a in line sensor, something that can ideally join to clear vinal tubing and produces a output something like 0-5V

any more ideas?

You are not going to find that cheap. Look at the Weber site. The meters I worked with had a 4-20ma output but could be ordered with 5V or 10V. You will need some knowledge of electronics to make it work.

Hi!
4-20 mA stuff really costs a lot as already pointed out. This is because 4-20mA is an industrial standard protocol, and the sensors are made to last.
If you tell us more about your application it might help.

What is a "cheap ml range liquid flow sensor"?

A "cheap ml range liquid flow sensor" is a type of sensor used to measure the flow rate of liquid in a system. It is typically more affordable than other types of flow sensors and is designed to measure small volumes of liquid, typically in the milliliter range.

How does a "cheap ml range liquid flow sensor" work?

A "cheap ml range liquid flow sensor" works by using a small tube or channel to direct the liquid through. As the liquid flows through the tube, it creates a change in pressure which is then detected by the sensor. This change in pressure is then converted into a flow rate measurement.

What are the benefits of using a "cheap ml range liquid flow sensor"?

One of the main benefits of using a "cheap ml range liquid flow sensor" is its affordability. This makes it a more accessible option for researchers and scientists who may have a limited budget. Additionally, its small size and sensitivity make it ideal for measuring small volumes of liquid in experiments.

What types of liquids can be measured using a "cheap ml range liquid flow sensor"?

A "cheap ml range liquid flow sensor" can measure a wide range of liquids, including water, oils, and other non-corrosive liquids. However, it may not be suitable for highly viscous or corrosive liquids as these can damage the sensor or affect its accuracy.

How accurate is a "cheap ml range liquid flow sensor"?

The accuracy of a "cheap ml range liquid flow sensor" can vary depending on the specific model and brand. However, most sensors in this range have an accuracy of around ±2% to ±5%, meaning there may be a slight margin of error in the measurement. It is important to carefully calibrate the sensor and consider any potential sources of error in order to obtain the most accurate results.