Solar Eclipse Captured - See Photos & Video of My 3.2MP Camera

In summary, Today, I captured some videos and photographs using my mobile camera and I am seeking help in understanding my clicks. I am wondering about the orange colored circular sphere in my shots and how its shape changes with the position of the camera. However, due to the sun being too bright, the camera's sensor was overloaded and resulted in an internal reflection in the shots taken away from the center of the frame. It is advised to use proper filtration when taking pictures of the sun to avoid damaging the camera.
sphyics
Solar eclipse captured!

i captured some videos and photographs today, using my mobile camera [3.2 megapixels :) ]

Photo0362.jpg

Photo0368.jpg

Photo0371.jpg

Photo0372.jpg

Photo0373.jpg

Photo0374.jpg

Photo0402.jpg

Photo0403.jpg

Photo0404.jpg

Photo0405.jpg

Photo0407.jpg

Photo0408.jpg

Photo0409.jpg

Photo0410.jpg

Photo0411.jpg

pls help me to understand my clicks, have u spotted the orange colored circular sphere what is that and as u can see the shape changes with the position of camera.

i have also uploaded a video here

Last edited by a moderator:
Astronomy news on Phys.org

The sun was way too bright and overloaded your camera's sensor even though it was partially obscured. What you have captured (away from the center of the frame) is an internal reflection. It's usually not a good idea to point a camera at the Sun without proper filtration because you can damage it.

1. How did you capture the solar eclipse with a 3.2MP camera?

The 3.2MP camera used for capturing the solar eclipse is equipped with a high-quality lens and advanced technology that allows for clear and detailed images even from a distance.

2. How did you protect your camera from damage during the solar eclipse?

I used a solar filter specifically designed for cameras to protect the lens and sensor from the intense rays of the sun during the eclipse. This filter allows for safe viewing and capturing of the eclipse without damaging the camera.

3. What settings did you use to capture the solar eclipse?

The settings used for capturing the solar eclipse may vary depending on the specific camera and lighting conditions. However, in general, a low ISO, fast shutter speed, and small aperture are recommended to capture the eclipse's details and avoid overexposure.

4. Can you see the solar eclipse with the naked eye?

No, it is not safe to look directly at the sun, even during a solar eclipse. Specialized eye protection, such as eclipse glasses, is necessary to view the eclipse safely.

5. What can we learn from these photos and videos of the solar eclipse?

By capturing the solar eclipse, we can learn about the alignment of the sun, moon, and earth, and how their movements create this rare phenomenon. We can also study the sun's corona, which is only visible during a total solar eclipse, and gather data on its temperature and composition.