I with hw (my book hasnt came in yet)

• Thread starter JJ89
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Book
In summary, a 20 kg mass is moving with a coefficient of kinetic friction of 0.3. For a wooden block of 9 kg sliding down an inclined plane at an angle of 30°, with a distance of 5m from the bottom, and reaching the bottom in 2 seconds, the kinetic frictional force is being asked. For two blocks with masses of 2 kg and 3 kg respectively, pulled across the floor by a force of 21 N, the acceleration and tension in the string between the blocks is being asked. Finally, for a block of mass 1.9 kg resting on a cart of mass 3.1 kg, with a coefficient of static friction of 0.76,
JJ89
1.A mass m = 20 kg is moving along a surface with coefficient of kinetic friction mk = 0.3.

A)What is the force of kinetic friction on the mass?

2.A wooden block of mass m = 9 kg starts from rest on an inclined plane sloped at an angle q from the horizontal. The block is originally located 5m from the bottom of the plane.

a)If the block, undergoing constant acceleration down the ramp, slides to the bottom in t = 2 s, and q = 30°, what is the magnitude of the kinetic frictional force on the block?

3A block of mass m1 = 2 kg and a block of mass m2 = 3 kg are tied together and are pulled from rest across the floor by a force of Fp = 21 N. The coefficient of friction of the blocks with the floor is µ = 0.13.
a) What is the acceleration of the two blocks?

a = ?m/s2
b) What is the tension in the string between the blocks?

T = N ?

4 A block of mass mblock = 1.9 kg rests on a cart of mass mcart = 3.1 kg, which moves without friction on a horizontal surface. The coefficient of static friction between the block and the cart is µ = 0.76. The cart is accelerating to the right.

a) What is the maximum acceleration such that the block does not slide on the cart?

amax = ? m/s2
b) What is the magnitude of the force on the cart required to provide the acceleration amax?

F = N ?

Physics news on Phys.org
im on #2 right now

still need help tho

Well show what you have going, don't know where to help.

whats your email, ill send you the graph

Just put the graph here using the image function...

this is for #3

Attachments

• m1.gif
    m1.gif
    2.1 KB · Views: 475
So how far are you on that nr. 3? The golden rule of all homework forums, no-one is going to solve the problem for you.
Hint: write out Newtons second law for every body involved.

Oh alright I am on B, the acceleration is 2.94 and i can't find the tension in between.

So you mean you are on exercise 3). For these kind of tension problems there are two powerful tools:
a) Make a good drawing of the setup, put all the forces on the diagram and also add a coordinate axis (in pulley problems you simply bend the axis around the pulley). The axis will give you a clear view on the signs of things.
b) Write out Newtons second law for every body included, then solve the equation system you get.

1. When will my book arrive?

Unfortunately, I cannot accurately predict when your book will arrive. It depends on various factors such as shipping times and inventory availability.

2. Why hasn't my book arrived yet?

There could be several reasons for this. It could be due to a delay in shipping or your book may be out of stock. It's best to contact the seller or shipping company for more information.

3. Can I track my book's shipment?

If you have a tracking number, you can track your book's shipment by visiting the shipping company's website. If you do not have a tracking number, you can contact the seller for more information.

4. What should I do if my book never arrives?

If your book has not arrived within a reasonable time frame, it's best to contact the seller or shipping company for assistance. They may be able to provide you with an update on the status of your shipment.

5. Can I cancel my order if my book has not arrived?

Yes, you can cancel your order if your book has not arrived after a certain period of time. It's best to check with the seller's cancellation policy for more information.