Who are these famous people based on their jumbled-up names?

• Thread starter Gokul43201
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Game
In summary, Sean Connery is an actor who is probably most famous for playing James Bond. Charles Darwin is the father of evolution. William Shakespeare is the famous playwright. Nadia Comaneci is an athlete who became the first person to score a perfect ten at the Olympic Games. Donald Rumsfeld is the US Secretary of Defense. Sigmund Freud is the famous psychoanalyst. Henri Matisse is a famous painter.
Gokul43201
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
The following phrases are the jumbled-up names of fairly well-known personalities (living or dead). Each phrase itself gives a little clue about the person. Ignoring punctuation marks and other non-alphabetic characters, figure out who the people are. All names include first and last names (and no middle names).

Example : Mr. mojo risin' = Jim Morrison (songwriter/singer for the 60s rock group, The Doors) :rolleyes:

RULE :

# Only ONE answer per person (ONE answer total, NOT per question) until I announce a free-for-all.

Please read that rule again . . . .Thanks

Okay ! Here they come... :bugeye:

1. crawl had risen

2. simile peak ala shrew

3. an iconic dame - 'A'

4. fund armed dolls

5. on any screen

6. mind = drug + fuse

7. he is in 'em arts

8. he d' mad suni ass

That's the lot...and please don't use online anagram tools :yuck: - that's cheating ! :devil:

Physics news on Phys.org
I'll take the easy one.
8: Saddam Hussein.

4. fund armed dolls - Donald Rumsfeld

I love this one.

6 mind = drug + fuse = Sigmund Fread

Gokul : you are a genius. :approve:
Thanks again for providing us with your Games/Trivia

7. he is in 'em arts - Mister Haines (don't know who that is though)

I`m just kidding.

2. William Shakespeare

Nice going folks !

Sorry Galileo, I don't know Mister Haines, either, but good try. In all fairness, that one's a little difficult.

2, 4, 6, and 8 are done. Find the odd ones out ! :smile: Hmmm...I didn't intend this but the most of the odds are harder than the evens - at least, the people are not as famous.

jcsd, Galileo, humanino, recon and check : check back soon, I may yet announce a f-f-a if the others get nowhere.

Please don't kick me out the forum

1 crawl had risen = weird Carl Nash, or again : has CERN Dr. Wali ?Dr Hi anal screw
:redface: :blushing: :shy: :redface: :blushing:
I am really ashamed. I could not resist.

EDIT : this is less bad... everything is still here though. Sorry, I really love playwords, and bad jokes. Took me a while to figure out the others though. My mind must be sick.

Last edited:
Ooo...that's bad :eek:

#1 - Charles Darwin

Now, that's better ! :smile:

Okay, this seems to have hit a cul-de-sac, so I'm calling it a free-for-all, NOW !

BobG, jcsd, Galileo, humanino, recon and check are all back in. Personograms 3,5, and 7 still remain.

Those last 3 are real toughies:

5. Sean Connery

Yeah !
7 he is in 'em arts = Henri Matisse
I got the french guy :cool:

I know no.3 , am allowed to post it?

Yes you are...no new folk seem interested, so go ahead.

Madonna Ciccone,

edietd to add: hmm, actually is that correct?

Last edited:
Now, if this is correct, I certainly could not find it. I have been searching a real while for this one :cry:

jcsd said:
Madonna Ciccone,

edietd to add: hmm, actually is that correct?

Hard luck, jcsd...that came close though, and few people know Madonna's last name.

HINT : Sportsperson. Also, I've seen an alternate (one letter different) spelling of the name, but I believe this is the right one.

humanino said:
Now, if this is correct, I certainly could not find it. I have been searching a real while for this one :cry:

While other folks have been doing something useful with their time :wink: :rolleyes:

I completely forgot about this...

Okay, here's the solutions (#3 remained unsolved) :

1. crawl had risen = Charles Darwin (evolution from crawlers to walkers)

2. simile peak ala shrew = William Shakespeare ('simile', a literary device; 'shrew' for 'Taming of the Shrew')

3. an iconic dame - 'A' = Nadia Comaneci (Gymnast, the first to score a perfect ten; hints in 'dame'; 'icon'; 'A' is the usually highest grade you can get)

4. fund armed dolls = Donald Rumsfeld (US Sec. of Defense)

5. on any screen = Sean Connery (actor)

6. mind = drug + fuse = Sigmund Freud (psychoanalyst)

7. he is in 'em arts = Henri Matisse (fauvist painter)

and,

8. he d' mad suni ass = Saddam Hussein (no introduction needed)

That's the lot... :smile:

1. What is a personogram?

A personogram is a word game that combines elements of crossword puzzles and word searches. It involves finding hidden words related to a specific person or topic within a grid of letters.

2. How is a personogram different from other word games?

A personogram is unique in that it focuses on a specific person or topic, making it more personalized and challenging. It also requires players to think creatively and make connections between words.

3. What skills does playing personograms help develop?

Playing personograms can help improve vocabulary, spelling, and pattern recognition skills. It also requires critical thinking and problem-solving skills, as well as the ability to make connections and associations between words.

4. Are there different levels of difficulty for personograms?

Yes, personograms can have varying levels of difficulty depending on the complexity of the person or topic being used. Some may also have additional challenges, such as using only certain letters or words.

5. Can personograms be played alone or with others?

Personograms can be played both alone and with others. Playing with friends or family can add a competitive element and make it more enjoyable. However, playing alone can also be a fun and challenging activity.

Back