Good Books for Mechanical Engineering Students

• Thread starter C.KIRANKUMAR
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Books
In summary, the conversation discusses the issue of global warming caused by excess carbon dioxide and a potential solution of finding a machine to convert carbon dioxide to oxygen. The person is seeking advice on which direction to take and which books to buy for more information on the topic.
C.KIRANKUMAR
Sir, I am studing first year in Mechanical engineering. I want to know the basics on Mechanics, please advise me which book i have to buy ?

Engineering news on Phys.org
Thanks for giving suggestion, please tell me free download websites

C.KIRANKUMAR said:
Thanks for giving suggestion, please tell me free download websites

Well, you have the names of the books (and authors). Why don't you google them?

mpopovic said:
Well, you have the names of the books (and authors). Why don't you google them?
I didn't understand, please tell me again

C.KIRANKUMAR said:
I didn't understand, please tell me again

They are not free. You must buy them. You can try to perform a web search to find places to buy them.

Stop writing in such large fonts too.

CS

stewartcs said:
They are not free. You must buy them. You can try to perform a web search to find places to buy them.

Stop writing in such large fonts too.

CS

Thanks! :approve:

Dilema?

Sir,
Today global warming is major problem. It comes out from due to excess of carbondioxide. I have one idea that is
To find out a machine of conversion of carbondioxide to oxegen
please suggest me in what way i have to go? Which books i have to buy? Tell me step by step

1. What are some essential books for mechanical engineering students?

Some essential books for mechanical engineering students include "Mechanical Engineering Reference Manual" by Michael R. Lindeburg, "Shigley's Mechanical Engineering Design" by Richard G. Budynas and J. Keith Nisbett, "Fundamentals of Thermodynamics" by Claus Borgnakke and Richard E. Sonntag, "Mechanics of Materials" by Ferdinand P. Beer and E. Russell Johnston Jr., and "Introduction to Robotics: Mechanics and Control" by John J. Craig.

2. Are there any good books specifically for beginners in mechanical engineering?

Yes, "Introduction to Mechanical Engineering" by Michael J. Clifford is a great book for beginners in mechanical engineering. It covers a wide range of topics and provides a solid foundation for further studies in the field.

3. Are there any books that cover both theory and practical applications in mechanical engineering?

Yes, "Fundamentals of Engineering Thermodynamics" by Michael J. Moran, Howard N. Shapiro, and Daisie D. Boettner and "Design of Machinery" by Robert L. Norton are both great options for learning both theory and practical applications in mechanical engineering.

4. Can you recommend any books that focus on specific areas of mechanical engineering?

For specific areas of mechanical engineering, "Mechatronics: Electronic Control Systems in Mechanical and Electrical Engineering" by W. Bolton is a good book for mechatronics, "Heat and Mass Transfer: Fundamentals and Applications" by Yunus A. Cengel and Afshin J. Ghajar is a great book for heat and mass transfer, and "Engineering Mechanics: Statics and Dynamics" by R. C. Hibbeler is a comprehensive book for studying mechanics.

5. Are there any books that can help with understanding complex concepts in mechanical engineering?

"Advanced Engineering Mathematics" by Erwin Kreyszig is a highly recommended book for understanding complex concepts in mechanical engineering. It covers a wide range of topics such as differential equations, vector calculus, and complex variables, which are essential for understanding advanced engineering concepts.