What are the names of the molecules C3H8, SO3, F2, and KBr?

In summary, the molecules in the list are C3H8 (propane), SO3 (sulfite anion), F2 (diatomic flourine), and KBr (potassium bromide). The names for these molecules can be found through IUPAC nomenclature or in a basic General Chemistry course. SO3 can also be named as sulfur trioxide.
omni
how can i know what the names of the molecules in this list:C3H8. SO3, F2, KBr

(the numbers need to be little)

thanks.

Chemistry news on Phys.org
You just need to learn Chemistry. This type of stuff is covered in any basic General Chemistry course. You can try looking up IUPAC nomenclature but if you have no foundation in Chemistry it may be a lot to really absorb.

C3H8 - Propane
SO3 is a sulfite anion and should have a -2 charge.
F2 is just diatomic flourine
KBr is Potassium Bromide

There are lots of rules for naming compounds and going into them on a forum is not something I'm really willing to spend my time doing. I'm sure you can google some stuff but its probably best to just get a book or take a class.

yes that truth.

but still thanks about ur help.

Yanick said:
SO3 is a sulfite anion and should have a -2 charge.

Why not just sulfur trioxide?

--

well maybe there is website that give the name of compounds ?

1. What are forces between molecules?

Forces between molecules are the attractive or repulsive interactions that occur between molecules. These forces are responsible for the structure and properties of matter, including the physical state, melting and boiling points, and solubility.

2. How do these forces affect the properties of substances?

The strength and type of forces between molecules can greatly influence the physical and chemical properties of substances. For example, substances with strong intermolecular forces tend to have higher melting and boiling points, while substances with weaker forces have lower melting and boiling points.

3. What are the different types of forces between molecules?

The main types of forces between molecules are dipole-dipole interactions, hydrogen bonding, London dispersion forces, and ion-dipole interactions. These forces range in strength from weakest (London dispersion forces) to strongest (ion-dipole interactions).

4. How do intermolecular forces differ from chemical bonds?

Intermolecular forces are weaker than chemical bonds, which are the strong forces that hold atoms together in a molecule. Intermolecular forces only occur between molecules, while chemical bonds occur within molecules.

5. How can we measure the strength of intermolecular forces?

The strength of intermolecular forces can be measured using various techniques, such as boiling point, melting point, and vapor pressure. These properties are influenced by the strength of the forces between molecules, with stronger forces resulting in higher boiling and melting points and lower vapor pressures.