Quickie I think I got it, but I need some help

• Thread starter star223
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses how to calculate the velocity of a stunt car relative to Earth when it is being driven on a flat train car. The suggested method is to calculate the velocity of the train first, then the velocity of the car, and subtract the two to get the velocity of the car with respect to Earth.
star223
i have a small question...okay here's the problem:
A stunt car is driven along a flat train car. The stunt car is moving toward the engine of the trani. how would you calculate the velocity of the stunt car relative to Earth?
I put. . .'You would find the velocity of the ____ then the velocity of the stunt car. Then subtract using V2-V1...' Do i find the velocity of the train? And if it is the train, then is that V2?

Physics news on Phys.org
If I understand you correctly: the stunt automobile is on a flat-bed car which is part of a train? And the automobile is moving toward the engine?

If that is the case, then the velocity of the train (w/respect to the earth) and the velocity of the automobile (w/respect to the train) is added together to get the velocity of the car with respect to earth.

Yes, you are correct. In this scenario, the velocity of the train would be V2. The stunt car is moving along the train, so its velocity would be V1. To calculate the velocity of the stunt car relative to Earth, you would subtract V1 from V2, as you mentioned. This will give you the relative velocity of the stunt car compared to the Earth. I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.

1. What is a quickie?

A quickie is a short and spontaneous sexual encounter that typically lasts for a few minutes.

2. How do you know if you have a quickie?

If you engage in sexual activity for a short period of time, usually without much preparation or foreplay, then it can be considered a quickie.

3. Is it safe to have a quickie?

Generally, as long as both partners are consenting and taking necessary precautions (such as using protection), having a quickie is safe. However, it is important to communicate and make sure both partners are comfortable and consenting.

4. Can you get pregnant from a quickie?

Yes, it is possible to get pregnant from a quickie if sperm comes into contact with the vagina. It is important to use protection to prevent unwanted pregnancy.

5. Does having frequent quickies affect a relationship?

The impact of having frequent quickies on a relationship can vary. Some couples may find it a fun and exciting way to spice up their sex life, while others may feel unsatisfied and prefer longer, more intimate sexual encounters. Communication and mutual respect are important in any sexual relationship.