So what are you being for Halloween?

• Thread starter ShawnD
  • Start date
In summary: I dressed up as a 60's groupie...lime green/pink psychedelic shirt, black skirt, lime green knee highs, blue eyeshadow, white lipstick, peace symbol necklace, and gaudy glitter glasses...and i forgot to get a picture because i drank too much at the party...In summary, Halloween is a day where people dress up in costumes and celebrate. Some people like to dress up as a specific character or theme, while others just enjoy the atmosphere of the holiday. Some people choose to not celebrate Halloween, while others do it differently each year.
ShawnD
Science Advisor
Good old Halloween, the single greatest day in the entire year.
What is everybody dressing up as?

I was originally going to be a pimp, but when I tried on my brand new suit, I just looked like a total creep. Undo the top 2 buttons of my shirt, slap on a gold (looking) chain, and now I look like I'm straight out of the 80s. :rofl:

Physics news on Phys.org
I don't understand Halloween, and do not appreciate it as much as others. I guess it is my European roots :P

I don't understand Halloween, and do not appreciate it as much as others. I guess it is my European roots :P

Didn't Halloween start in Northern Europe?

Good old Halloween, the single greatest day in the entire year.
What is everybody dressing up as?

I'm either wearing a Montreal Canadiens jersey or a Yao Ming jersey.

Creative...eh?

I don't dress up on Halloween. I usually just watch television and enjoy the unexplainable aura of spookness that seems to occur on October 31st.

This year I think I might end Halloween in bed with a snack and a book for a few hours.

Surplus Soviet issued chemical/biohaz. gasmask, white smok with a biohazard symbol thing spraypainted on the back. Simple, cheap, fun for the whole family. Any when I'm done I can wear it to school and run around in the hallways in a panic :)

I will probably be studying or working.

I'm not suppose to work, but you know the boss. If I'm working, I'll do nothing and he will learn his lesson.

I have not celebrated halloween since like 5 years ago. I'll hand out candy of course, and laugh at the little kids. Give the little ones lots of candies, and tell the big ones to get a life. :)

I am going to dress up just like a Technician in the high tech industry.

The girl I am seeing is dressing me up as a pumpkin :blushing:

I'm going all out this year. I have an orange shirt to wear. :rolleyes: It's no fun...I'm stuck at this workshop until noon, then driving the 5 1/2 hours home. But, should still get home in time to give candy to the kiddies...the candy currently being packed with my clothes because I didn't have time to buy any before, but am conveniently next to a grocery store this weekend, so walked over and bought some last night so I won't be the house that gets egged next year!

Moonbear said:
I didn't have time to buy any before, but am conveniently next to a grocery store this weekend, so walked over and bought some last night so I won't be the house that gets egged next year!
Just shoot those kids with paintballs.
Yes, I have done it before.

I dressed up as hockey player. YAY!

Note: I'm Canadian.

JasonRox said:

Oh, how original. :tongue2:

JasonRox said:

Stupid NHL. I wanted to get tickets for christmastime, but nooo...

As for halloween, I'm going to be the scariest thing possible...

...A PHYSICS MAJOR!

What is Halloween? I mean, I know about costumes, but why is celebrated?

I dressed up as a 60's groupie...lime green/pink psychedelic shirt, black skirt, lime green knee highs, blue eyeshadow, white lipstick, peace symbol necklace, and gaudy glitter glasses...and i forgot to get a picture because i drank too much at the party...

MiGUi said:
What is Halloween? I mean, I know about costumes, but why is celebrated?

If we are going to start asking questions like that, we are going to ask why people waste their time watching TV, playing games, etc...

Atleast at this time of year, most people step outside the house.

If you are really interested in knowing why, well I don't know. I don't see why it matters. I was hoping there would be a blackout just so people can see that the sun is up, like last year. Everyone reacted like they have never seen the life outside the house.

Kerrie said:
I dressed up as a 60's groupie...lime green/pink psychedelic shirt, black skirt, lime green knee highs, blue eyeshadow, white lipstick, peace symbol necklace, and gaudy glitter glasses...and i forgot to get a picture because i drank too much at the party...

Put it on again and get some pics. Let's really spice this thread up. :tongue:

I'm going to go as a person who has a ton of homework to do because his evil professors assigned massive amounts of labs, projects, and assignments in conjunction with 4 tests in a week, being the kind people they are.

Well I didn't up getting a chem suit for my costume so I'm just going to be early 90s guy again.

Well, I was going to dress up as a period table of elements. I mean, what's scarier than school chasing you around? Anyway, it's kind of raining, so I don't know if I'll do that anymore.

1. What is the most popular Halloween costume this year?

The most popular Halloween costume this year is expected to be a witch, followed by various superheroes and Disney characters.

2. Why do people dress up for Halloween?

The tradition of dressing up for Halloween originated from the ancient Celtic festival of Samhain, where people believed that on October 31st, the boundary between the living and the dead was blurred. They dressed up in costumes to ward off evil spirits.

3. What are some popular Halloween costumes for couples?

Some popular Halloween costumes for couples include Bonnie and Clyde, Beauty and the Beast, and Batman and Catwoman.

4. How do people choose their Halloween costumes?

People choose their Halloween costumes based on their personal interests, pop culture trends, and cultural influences. Some may also choose costumes that are scary or humorous.

5. Is it okay to wear a culturally insensitive costume for Halloween?

No, it is not okay to wear a culturally insensitive costume for Halloween. This can be offensive and disrespectful to certain cultures. It is important to be mindful and respectful when choosing a Halloween costume.