Can someone double check my work in this problem?

In summary, the equations 2e^3x - 5xe^3x and 4lnx - 3ylnx are both correctly factored by taking out the common terms and placing them in parentheses. For the second equation, it is recommended to write (4-3y)lnx to avoid confusion.
name_ask17

Homework Statement

Okay, I think these are simple, but just so I know that I am on the right track, can you double check my work? My questions and answers are in bold.

Factor these completely:

1. 2e^3x - 5xe^3x

2. 4lnx -3ylnx

3. The Attempt at a Solution

1. I took out the e^3x to make the factored problem e^3x(2-5x)Did I do that right, because I get confused when dealing with the exponents. If there is more to it, can you explain please? Thanks in advance.

2. I just took out the lnx to make it lnx(4-3y) . Is this correct?

Physics news on Phys.org
name_ask17 said:

Homework Statement

Okay, I think these are simple, but just so I know that I am on the right track, can you double check my work? My questions and answers are in bold.

Factor these completely:

1. 2e^3x - 5xe^3x

2. 4lnx -3ylnx

3. The Attempt at a Solution

1. I took out the e^3x to make the factored problem e^3x(2-5x)Did I do that right, because I get confused when dealing with the exponents. If there is more to it, can you explain please? Thanks in advance.

2. I just took out the lnx to make it lnx(4-3y) . Is this correct?

They are both correct but you need parentheses. For example e^(3x). Also, while not incorrect, it is better to write the last one (4-3y)ln(x) to remove any possible misunderstanding about what is inside the ln function.

Thanks! Just wanted to make sure they were correct because it seemed too simple. Guess I'm used to overthinking things. lol.

1. What is the importance of having someone double check my work in a problem?

Having someone else double check your work can help catch any mistakes or errors that you may have missed. It also provides a fresh perspective, which can help identify alternative solutions or approaches to the problem.

2. How can I find someone to double check my work?

You can ask a colleague, classmate, or even a tutor for help. Alternatively, you can join online study groups or forums where you can share your work and receive feedback from others.

3. Is it okay to ask someone to double check my work?

Absolutely! Asking for help or feedback is a sign of humility and a desire to improve. It is always better to seek help and ensure the accuracy of your work rather than turning in incorrect or incomplete work.

4. What should I do if the person double checking my work finds mistakes?

Be open to feedback and use it as an opportunity to learn and improve. Ask for clarification on any areas that you may not understand and make necessary corrections to your work.

5. How often should I have someone double check my work?

It is good practice to have someone double check your work regularly, especially for complex or important projects. This can help catch any mistakes early on and prevent them from snowballing into bigger issues.