Project Small Resonant Cavity: 2.4GHz Freq Fundamental Mode

• Thread starter _Mike_
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Cavity
In summary, the homework problem is to determine the dimensions (length a, b, and c) of a smaller resonant cavity that has a fundamental mode frequency of 2.4 GHz. The problem is related to calculating the dimensions of a microwave oven and requires using the equations for a rectangular cavity resonator. The student is seeking assistance as they are not familiar with how to use these equations.
_Mike_

Homework Statement

The problem is:

Project the smaller ressonant cavity for which the frequency of 2.4 GHz is the fundamental mode.

Homework Equations

The problem wants me to calculate the length a, b and c of this "microwave oven"

The Attempt at a Solution

I'm sorry, but I have no idea of how to calculate these dimensions. I've been reading some books (Sadiku, Pozar, Ramo, etc) but they just give problems in which these dimensions are already given.

Physics news on Phys.org
I suppose that I have to use the equations of the rectangular cavity resonator, but I don't know how. Can someone please help me? Thank you very much in advance!

What is the purpose of Project Small Resonant Cavity?

The purpose of Project Small Resonant Cavity is to study the fundamental mode of a 2.4GHz frequency in order to understand and manipulate electromagnetic waves for various applications.

How is the fundamental mode of a 2.4GHz frequency being studied?

The fundamental mode of a 2.4GHz frequency is being studied by constructing a small resonant cavity, which is a structure that can store and manipulate electromagnetic waves at a specific frequency. This allows for precise measurements and analysis of the fundamental mode.

What makes the 2.4GHz frequency significant?

The 2.4GHz frequency is significant because it is a commonly used frequency in various wireless communication technologies, such as WiFi and Bluetooth. By studying its fundamental mode, we can gain a better understanding of how these technologies work and potentially improve them.

What are some potential applications of this research?

This research could have a wide range of applications, such as improving wireless communication technologies, developing new methods for data transmission and storage, and enhancing medical imaging techniques.

What are the expected outcomes of Project Small Resonant Cavity?

The expected outcomes of Project Small Resonant Cavity include a better understanding of the fundamental mode of a 2.4GHz frequency, potential improvements in wireless communication technologies, and the development of new applications and technologies based on the manipulation of electromagnetic waves.