Ladies, I have but one request.

• Thread starter KingNothing
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Request
In summary: Not so much with the vase.In summary, if you want a guy to buy you flowers, you should have a vase on hand.
KingNothing
If you'd like for a guy to buy you flowers, you best have a vase on-hand!

I bought a girl flowers yesterday, and we had to break the top off of a cheap vodka bottle and use it as a vase!

Physics news on Phys.org
I love any thread that has a title that starts with "Ladies,"

Smart girl...now she has a weapon for later :devil:

HeLiXe said:
Smart girl...now she has a weapon for later :devil:
Save the ragged neck of that bottle. Easy to grasp... pointy and nasty on the other end...

Pro tip, buy the vase, fill it with whatever, and stare at the guy and the vase until he gets the point.

Real pro tip. Cut the flower-stems on the bias with a really sharp knife (Stanley knife is a great choice) and put a tablet of aspirin in the water. The diagonal slash helps get water to the blossoms, and the aspirin will help keep the blooms looking lively.

I had so many vases at one point, I sold them at a garage sale for 10 cents a piece. My ex would send me flowers every time he screwed up, I had hundreds. And I kept telling him, don't send me roses, especially red roses, I hate florist red roses because they have no fragrance and they turn black in a few days, and they're expensive. I always got red roses.

Evo said:
I had so many vases at one point, I sold them at a garage sale for 10 cents a piece. My ex would send me flowers every time he screwed up, I had hundreds. And I kept telling him, don't send me roses, especially red roses, I hate florist red roses because they have no fragrance and they turn black in a few days, and they're expensive. I always got red roses.
Not so good. Get a shipment of red roses, and think "What did you do this time, jerk?"

Evo said:
My ex would send me flowers every time he screwed up, I had hundreds.

:rofl: omg Evo lolollll

I have never had a guy buy me flowers. I buy them for myself if I want any...but very seldom because I am mindful that they are slowly dying everyday just so I can look at them. I feel horrible! I haven't bought any in years unless they were growing in a pot with dirt.

I think the only guys that have ever given me flowers are employees at a store as customer appreciation on Valentine's Day :rofl:

My ma' keeps an empty vase on the table as a "subtle" hint! About twice a year I remember, and get her some tulips, but her reaction is so awesome that I kinda don't want to do it too often lest the novelty wear off. :P

Ok, I bought my wife some flowers and a vase. Out of habit, she broke off the top. At least with the vodka bottle, I could get a drink out of it.

1. What is the meaning behind "Ladies, I have but one request."?

The phrase "Ladies, I have but one request." is often used as a playful or humorous way to ask for something from a group of women. It can also be used as a way to get their attention or make a statement before making a serious request.

2. Is "Ladies, I have but one request." considered offensive?

The phrase itself is not inherently offensive, but as with any language, it can be used in a derogatory or disrespectful manner. It is important to consider the context and tone in which it is used.

3. Where did the phrase "Ladies, I have but one request." originate from?

The origin of the phrase is unclear, but it has been used in various forms throughout history. It may have originated as a way for men to address a group of women in a formal setting or as a way to make a request from a group of women in a casual setting.

4. Can "Ladies, I have but one request." be used in a professional setting?

It is not recommended to use this phrase in a professional setting as it can be seen as unprofessional or inappropriate. It is important to use respectful and inclusive language in all settings.

5. Is there a gender-neutral version of "Ladies, I have but one request."?

Yes, there are many alternatives to this phrase that can be used in a gender-neutral manner. Some examples include "Everyone, I have a request." or "Folks, I have a small favor to ask."