A single line diagram for PV system for a distribution system

In summary, the conversation is about a person looking for a real life single line diagram for their project at school that includes a PV system on a distribution level. They are specifically looking for a case study with real life data that includes parameters such as generator voltage, transmission line impedance, transformer impedance, load size, and PV system capacity. The goal is to use this information to develop a control methodology for voltage regulation at the point of common coupling. Another person in the conversation is also looking for a similar diagram for their research project.
subesharyal
Hi guys,

I am looking for a real life single line diagram (containing generator, transmission line, distribution system) containing a PV system in a distribution level. The single line should contain all the parameters (for example generator voltage, and impedance for transmission line, transformers, load, PV system capacity and impedance). This is for my project at school and I couldn't find it anywhere. Any help is appreciated

Engineering news on Phys.org
I've always heard them called One-line diagrams.

500px-One-line_diagram.svg.png

Thanks dlgoff for your reply. However, that is not what I needed at all. What I needed was some kind of case study with one-line diagram showing all the impedances (of transmission lines, transformers etc), load size and Photovoltaic plant capacity so that I have some kind of real life data (not something made up). I am working on a voltage regulation at PCC (point of common coupling). My goal is to come up with some kind of control methodology so that my inverter will inject / absorb reactive power so that the voltage is at the nominal level. For this, I need the one-line diagram to come up with the system transfer function.

Last edited:
Did you ever end up finding a one line circuit diagram of a real world plant with a photovoltaic system? I’m currently working on a research project with some similarities to this and a real world example would be useful.

1. How is a single line diagram for a PV system different from a traditional distribution system?

A single line diagram for a PV system includes all the components and connections specifically related to the photovoltaic system, such as solar panels, inverters, and batteries. Traditional distribution systems only show the overall layout and connections of the power distribution network.

2. What information is typically included in a single line diagram for a PV system?

A single line diagram for a PV system typically includes the location of all components, their ratings, and the electrical connections between them. It may also include information on the type of PV technology used, the system capacity, and the overall design of the system.

3. Why is a single line diagram important for a PV system?

A single line diagram is important for a PV system because it provides a visual representation of the system and its components. This allows for easy identification of any potential issues or faults in the system, and helps to ensure the safe and efficient operation of the system.

4. Can a single line diagram be used for both grid-tied and off-grid PV systems?

Yes, a single line diagram can be used for both grid-tied and off-grid PV systems. However, the diagram may need to be modified to include additional components and connections specific to the type of system being used.

5. How often should a single line diagram for a PV system be updated?

A single line diagram for a PV system should be updated whenever there are any changes or additions to the system. This could include changes to the system design, components, or connections. It is important to keep the diagram up to date to ensure the accuracy and safety of the system.