Can alcohol (ethanol) remove or destroy dishwasher liqiud?

In summary, the conversation discusses the possibility of dishwasher liquid, mixed with water and alcohol, contaminating a blood sample taken with a syringe. The use of an alcohol swab before withdrawing blood is meant to prevent contamination from the skin, but it is possible for a small amount of the dishwasher liquid to enter the sample through the puncture site. However, this is not a major concern unless the dishwasher liquid is highly radioactive.
q_for_a123
Can alcohol (ethanol) remove or destroy dishwasher liqiud?!?

hello friends..please answer me on this question .. if there was a little dishwasher liquid on skin with and contacted with some alcohol on it,and if alcohol mixed with dishwasher can it destroy or remove dishwasher?i ask this question for this issue : We use syringe to take a blood samples and transfer liquids out of the body. I’m talking about take a blood samples with syringe.. Anyway The needle is used to pierce the top layer of the skin, and we can take a blood from the bloodstream. So the needle (sharp point of the end) must contact with skin and after this it can come in body and take blood from bloodstream……. if someone wash his skin with dishwasher liquid but doesn’t wash his skin carefully and some dishwasher was(remain) on the skin ,so needle first contact skin with some dishwasher liquid on it ,and after this needle come in blood stream and take a blood sample..so my question.. can dishwasher liquid on skin come in blood sample (syringe ) by needle??i mean needle contacted with skin with dish washer liquid and pick up some dishwasher on it sharp point (on the contact area with needle and skin for pierce the skin) so some dishwasher come in blood sample by needle?(of course skin contacted withsome alcohol(not much) so its possible that dishwasher liquid mixed with alcohol!)..please help me to know..sorry my English isn’t good hope I could say my mean... Thanks a lot..so dishwasher mixed with water and finally mixed with some alcohol .
i mean dishwasher liquid get in syringe (blood samples) not my bloodstream.thanks a lot :smile:

Chemistry news on Phys.org

The reason you use the alcohol swab before withdrawing blood or injecting something is to prevent stuff on the skin from being carried into the "wound" produced at the puncture site. So I would think it possible that contamination from the skin could find it's way into the sample and/or the bloodstream but I doubt you could measure it unless it was a 'very special' contaminant... like it was highly radioactive for example. I can't imagine how a non-coring needle could capture or carry enough of the surfactant through the skin for it to be a concern, especially if the puncture site were swabbed with alcohol beforehand.

1. Can alcohol (ethanol) effectively remove dishwasher liquid residue from dishes?

Yes, alcohol (ethanol) is a powerful solvent that can effectively remove dishwasher liquid residue from dishes. It is commonly used in cleaning products and is known for its ability to dissolve oils and other substances.

2. What type of alcohol should be used to remove dishwasher liquid?

Isopropyl alcohol (also known as rubbing alcohol) is the most commonly used type of alcohol for cleaning purposes. However, any type of pure alcohol, such as ethanol, can be effective in removing dishwasher liquid residue.

3. Can too much alcohol damage dishes or dishwasher?

Using too much alcohol can potentially damage certain materials, such as plastics or delicate surfaces. It is important to use alcohol in moderation and to always follow the manufacturer's instructions for proper use.

4. Is alcohol a safe and effective alternative to regular dish soap?

No, alcohol is not a suitable replacement for regular dish soap. While it may be effective in removing dishwasher liquid residue, it does not contain the necessary ingredients to effectively clean dishes and remove food particles.

5. Can alcohol be harmful if ingested from dishes not properly rinsed after using it to remove dishwasher liquid?

Yes, ingesting alcohol can be harmful and should always be avoided. It is important to thoroughly rinse dishes after using alcohol to remove dishwasher liquid residue to ensure that no residue remains on the dishes.