The last time around, I bought a 5-year membership, and I think that

• Thread starter Danger
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses a 5-year membership with a bonus year, a lack of awareness of when the membership will expire, and a reminder email that will be sent. There is also mention of a payment for new telescope equipment.
Danger
Gold Member
The last time around, I bought a 5-year membership, and I think that there was a bonus year tossed in for doing it promptly. Regardless, I have absolutely no parietal lobe function with regard to time, distance or direction. I have, therefore, no idea of when my membership will be up for renewal. Will I receive a notification in advance, or just find myself locked out some day? (I can't remember what it was like the first few years. :redface:)

Physics news on Phys.org

Under My PF --> Control Panel --> Miscellaneous --> Paid Subscriptions, you can see your subscription's expiration date.

You should get a reminder email :)

Oh, okay. Thanks, guys.

Danger, your 5 year dues for "Buy Drakkith New Telescope Equipment" is about to need a renewal. I take all major credit cards, checks, and cold hard cash too...:biggrin:

Drakkith said:
I take all major credit cards, checks, and cold hard cash too...:biggrin:

I'll submit a voucher request to AISH, but I somehow doubt that it will be accepted. :biggrin:

1. What are the benefits of purchasing a 5-year membership?

Purchasing a 5-year membership offers several benefits, including a discounted rate compared to shorter membership options, longer access to resources and services, and the convenience of not having to renew as frequently.

2. Can I upgrade my membership to a longer term?

Yes, it is possible to upgrade your membership to a longer term. Please contact our customer service team for assistance with upgrading your membership.

3. Will my membership automatically renew after 5 years?

No, your membership will not automatically renew after 5 years. You will need to manually renew your membership if you wish to continue your membership benefits.

4. Is there a cancellation fee for ending my 5-year membership early?

Yes, there is a cancellation fee for ending your 5-year membership early. This fee may vary depending on the terms and conditions of your membership agreement. Please refer to your membership contract for more information.

5. Can I transfer my 5-year membership to someone else?

No, 5-year memberships are non-transferable. Your membership benefits are only valid for your own use and cannot be transferred to another person.