New Business- HELP Industrial Equipment and Electrical question

In summary, the machines ordered are not compatible with the voltage in the US, and will need to be changed with a different plug.
jcintron
Hi,

I am a new business that has ordered some electrical equipment.
The first is a packing machine and the plug that the machine is being sent I have attached to this post.
It is listed as 220v, 3 phase, 50hz but NEMA does not show this to be the same specifications.

How will I make this work in the US? Should I ask them to use something else? If yes, what?

I will be leasing a warehouse with high amps but as a non-electrically educated person I do not know how to proceed. I would definitely need an electrician. However, I want to ensure that I know what needs to be done.

I have a second machine that is a 1000L mixer. They are telling me the specifications for the output is: 3p AC380v 50HZ.
I asked for a picture of the plug as well. I don't yet have it but I would like to know what I must face once these machines arrive to my warehouse.

Please can someone give me suggestions as to what to do in this regard?

Attachments

• 220v,3phase,50hz standard plug .jpg
    220v,3phase,50hz standard plug .jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 449
Engineering news on Phys.org
Welcome to the PF.

Why are you ordering 50Hz machines for use in the US?

Thankfully, I inquired with the manufacturer. This is the response: Machine 1. The motor of DP1000 will be 230 volt, 3 phase, 60 Hz based on the information.
No plug- direct connection.

Machine 2. Ok,the voltage you need is 220v,3phase,60hz. What plug should be used for this?

I am extremely glad I went on another forum and spoke with some electricians who recommended I write to the manufacturer and straighten out the issues with the crazy voltages and amps for the US. I am not educated in this field at all and I rely on public forums of those educated in this field to lend a hand.

Thanks anyhow.

Last edited by a moderator:
You seriously are putting together an industrial plant with high power elecrical machinery, and are relying on web forums to tell you how to set it up? I hope you at least are planning on getting construction permits for this, and will have the work inspected and approved by your local building department inspectors.

Your comments are worrisome. This thread is closed as dangerous. You can PM me if this is not the case.

I would recommend seeking the assistance of a licensed electrician to ensure the safe and proper installation of your new equipment. The specifications listed for the equipment may not directly align with the electrical standards in the US, and a professional electrician will be able to advise on any necessary modifications or adaptations that need to be made. It is important to follow proper safety protocols and regulations when dealing with industrial equipment and electrical systems. Additionally, the electrician can help you understand the power requirements for your equipment and ensure that your warehouse has the necessary infrastructure to support it. This will help prevent any potential hazards or malfunctions. In regards to the second machine, it is important to have the specific plug information in order to properly plan for its installation. Again, I highly recommend consulting with a licensed electrician to ensure a smooth and safe transition for your new business.

1. What types of industrial equipment and electrical products do you offer?

We offer a wide range of industrial equipment and electrical products, including but not limited to motors, generators, transformers, switchgear, and control systems.

2. Can you customize your equipment to meet our specific needs?

Yes, we have the capabilities to customize our equipment to meet the specific requirements of our clients. Our team of engineers and technicians will work closely with you to ensure that the equipment meets your exact specifications.

3. How long does it take to receive the equipment after placing an order?

The delivery time for our equipment varies depending on the type and complexity of the product. However, we strive to deliver within the agreed-upon timeline and will keep you updated on the progress of your order.

4. What type of warranties do you offer for your equipment?

We offer a standard manufacturer's warranty for all our equipment, which covers any manufacturing defects or malfunctions. We also offer extended warranties for an additional cost.

5. Can you provide installation and maintenance services for your equipment?

Yes, we have a team of trained technicians who can provide installation and maintenance services for our equipment. We also offer training programs for your staff to ensure proper usage and maintenance of the equipment.