Space Shuttle Lands in San Diego, and other April Fools Day classics

• Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Space
In summary, Powder water is a very delicious drink that can help you avoid the string landscape slow motion catastrophe.
Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
...Space Shuttle Lands in San Diego: In 1993 Dave Rickards, a deejay at KGB-FM in San Diego, announced that the space shuttle Discovery had been diverted from Edwards Air Force Base and would instead soon land at Montgomery Field, a small airport in the middle of a residential area just outside the city. Thousands of commuters immediately headed toward the landing site, causing enormous traffic jams. [continued]
http://www.sunherald.com/mld/thesunherald/living/11282118.htm

Physics news on Phys.org
One year when I was still in high school we had a girl whose uncle was working with Howard-Hanna and lent her a real sign for the day to put out front. Apparently there were hundreds of calls to both us and Howard-Hanna inquiring about the property/ upset that our school was going to be sold.
My second favorite we did was put another sign out front saying "we will be accepting BOYS for the next school year!" (all girls school you see). Cue the phone calls and an administration very mad at us. :biggrin:

Andromeda321 said:
One year when I was still in high school we had a girl whose uncle was working with Howard-Hanna and lent her a real sign for the day to put out front. Apparently there were hundreds of calls to both us and Howard-Hanna inquiring about the property/ upset that our school was going to be sold.
My second favorite we did was put another sign out front saying "we will be accepting BOYS for the next school year!" (all girls school you see). Cue the phone calls and an administration very mad at us. :biggrin:
Sounds like a fun school!

On #3 about powdered water, at first I'm thinking, and you mix it with...?

1. What is the significance of the Space Shuttle landing in San Diego on April Fools Day?

The Space Shuttle landing in San Diego on April Fools Day is not a real event, but rather a classic April Fools Day prank. It is a play on the widespread belief that aliens and extraterrestrial beings often land in the deserts of California.

2. How did the idea of the Space Shuttle landing in San Diego on April Fools Day come about?

The concept of the Space Shuttle landing in San Diego on April Fools Day is likely a result of the combination of two popular April Fools Day themes - space and aliens. It is a humorous and creative way to play on people's fascination with outer space and extraterrestrial life.

3. Has the Space Shuttle ever actually landed in San Diego on April Fools Day?

No, the Space Shuttle has never landed in San Diego on April Fools Day. This is purely a fictional event and has never actually occurred.

4. Are there any other popular April Fools Day pranks involving space or aliens?

Yes, there are many other popular April Fools Day pranks involving space and aliens. Some examples include fake UFO sightings, fake news articles about alien invasions, and fake advertisements for space travel packages.

5. Why do people play April Fools Day pranks involving space and aliens?

April Fools Day pranks involving space and aliens are popular because they tap into people's fascination with the unknown and the possibility of extraterrestrial life. They also allow for a lighthearted and humorous way to trick and surprise others on this fun holiday.

Back