What are the best SAT workbooks for the new test format?

• Thread starter courtrigrad
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Books Sat
In summary, the best way to practice for the new SAT is to purchase books with real practice tests published by the College Board. Other popular options include books from The Princeton Review and Kaplan, but the key is to find a workbook that includes full practice tests with timed sections to help you prepare for the actual test. While the conversation specifically mentions the writing section, the speaker recommends purchasing books for all three sections (CR, Math, and Writing) to get the most practice.
courtrigrad
Hello

I want to try and get as much practice as possible in all the three sections of the new SAT (CR Math and Writing). I already have a test book. RIght now I am looking for good workbooks for all the three sections. What workbooks would you recommend for the new SAT? IS Kaplan good?

Thanks a lot

Physics news on Phys.org
I don't know about the new ones, but two years ago when I did the SAT it was a given that the two best books you could get were "Ten Real SATs" by the Collegeboard (people who cobble together the SAT) and what the Princeton Review puts out. Kaplan's alright as well, but the point of the workbooks is you want one that has a full test where you can sit down and do a section while timing yourself and see how you do. The key to the SAT is learning how to take it and getting used to it, and I doubt that aspect of it has changed at all.

Ah, I'm not sure about the writing section.. I've only taken the old SAT.

First of all, buy any book published by the College Board with real practice tests -- this is undoubledly the best way to practice. All the other books put out by test prep companies are about the same, but by prefrence, I usually choose PR.

1. What makes a SAT workbook suitable for the new test format?

A suitable SAT workbook for the new test format should be updated to reflect the changes made to the test, including the elimination of the essay section and the addition of new types of questions. It should also have a variety of practice questions and full-length practice tests to help students prepare for the new format.

2. Are there any specific publishers or brands that are known for producing high-quality SAT workbooks?

Some publishers that are known for producing high-quality SAT workbooks include The College Board, Kaplan, Princeton Review, and Barron's. However, it is important to research and compare different options to find the best fit for your individual studying needs.

3. How many practice tests should a SAT workbook for the new format include?

A SAT workbook for the new format should ideally include at least 4-6 full-length practice tests. This will give students enough opportunities to practice and improve their test-taking skills.

4. Are there any additional resources or features that a SAT workbook for the new format should have?

In addition to practice questions and full-length tests, a good SAT workbook for the new format may also include tips and strategies for approaching the different types of questions, as well as detailed answer explanations for each practice question. Some workbooks may also have online resources or mobile apps for additional practice and review.

5. How can I determine which SAT workbook is the best fit for me?

The best way to determine which SAT workbook is the best fit for you is to read reviews and compare different options based on your individual studying needs. You may also consider asking for recommendations from teachers, tutors, or other students who have already taken the new SAT.