Secure DNS: Find Resources & Tips for Cryptography & Network Security

• Thread starter anes
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Topic
In summary: Sorry to say that, but if you are doing your Masters and you rely on youtube when looking for information about DNS, you have wasted time while studying. Not necessarily your fault, but definitely wasted effort.
anes
Dear Friends,
I am doing my masters in Engg looking for a syllabus topic in "Secure DNS" for Cryptography and Network Security subject . Please help me with a document or resource . I search Youtube and all things not get a good stuff , waiting your reply.

Thanks
Anes

Physics news on Phys.org
Why don't you try to visit a library? You know, large room, shelves, books, librarian?

Mr Admin,
I am now in my home ,have no library with such a facility even in our college then what I do ?

Anes

Sorry to say that, but if you are doing your Masters and you rely on youtube when looking for information about DNS, you have wasted time while studying. Not necessarily your fault, but definitely wasted effort.

Start googling for DNS RFC - I hope you know what RFC is?

Sure sir , I will look it

Thanks you

Anes

Good starting point.

Hi sir,

But not give a good connection . I am looking some they say some other

Thanks
Anes

Dear sir,

I got 2 urls regarding this i attach them. But that's not tell not more about security , most mention is DNS ... please check the document attached and help me to find more topics and
advise

thnks
Anes

Attachments

• SECURE DNS.docx
    11.7 KB · Views: 216
anes said:
Sure sir , I will look it .. You mean the RFC in link http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/rfc4033/
As Borek already said, this is a good starting point. There are also a couple of updates - RFC 6014 and RFC 6840.

If you have specific questions about the document you attached, ask them. Don't expect us to check the document for you or do the work that you should be doing.

Dear Mentor,

I am not expect my work done by you or team , if you have idea abt it just pointed out the key word.
That's enough

Thanks
Anes

What is Secure DNS and why is it important?

Secure DNS (Domain Name System) is a protocol that provides a secure way of translating domain names into IP addresses. It is important because it helps prevent DNS attacks and ensures the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of DNS data.

What is the difference between DNS and Secure DNS?

DNS and Secure DNS both perform the same function of translating domain names into IP addresses. However, Secure DNS uses additional security measures such as encryption, digital signatures, and authentication to protect against DNS attacks.

How does Secure DNS use cryptography to enhance security?

Secure DNS uses cryptography to encrypt DNS data, digitally sign DNS records, and authenticate DNS servers. This helps prevent DNS spoofing and man-in-the-middle attacks, ensuring the authenticity and integrity of DNS data.

What are some tips for implementing Secure DNS?

Some tips for implementing Secure DNS include using DNSSEC (DNS Security Extensions), implementing DNS firewalls, regularly monitoring DNS traffic, and using reputable DNS resolvers. It is also important to regularly update DNS software and use strong authentication methods for DNS servers.

What are the potential risks of not using Secure DNS?

Not using Secure DNS can leave your network vulnerable to DNS attacks such as DNS cache poisoning, DNS hijacking, and DNS amplification. This can result in website defacement, data theft, and disruption of services. It can also lead to the spread of malware and phishing attacks. Additionally, not using Secure DNS can also compromise the confidentiality and integrity of DNS data, making it easier for hackers to intercept and manipulate network traffic.