Difficulty With Wording of a Problem

• Thread starter verd
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Difficulty
In summary, the problem is asking for the angular acceleration as a function of time, and the person is unsure about how to calculate it and is seeking suggestions on how to begin. They mention needing to take the derivative of the function with respect to angular displacement and express confusion about what exactly is meant by "angular acceleration."
verd
Hi. So, I don't quite understand EXACTLY what they're asking me here.
Problem statement:

A fan blade rotates with angular velocity given by [tex]\omega _{z}(t) = ( 5.10 rad/s) - ( 0.785 rad/s^3) t^{2}[/tex]

a.) Calculate the angular acceleration as a function of time.

Alright, I understand the kinematic formulas for constant angular acceleration... But are they asking me for an instantaneous angular acceleration? ...I wouldn't know about how to go about that, being that I would need to take the derivative of the function but with respect to angular displacement...

What exactly are they looking for by saying, "angular acceleration"? Any suggestions as to how to begin?

Thanks, by the way.

Physics news on Phys.org
Angular acceleration is the time derivative of angular velocity.

Hi there,

I can understand why you may be having difficulty understanding the wording of this problem. It seems like the problem statement is asking you to calculate the angular acceleration of a rotating fan blade, which is represented by the given function. In this case, the angular acceleration is not instantaneous, but rather a function of time.

To begin, you can use the formula for angular acceleration, which is given by α = dω/dt, where ω is the angular velocity and t is time. In this case, you will need to take the derivative of the given function with respect to time. This will give you the angular acceleration as a function of time.

I hope this clarifies the problem statement for you and helps you to begin solving it. If you have any further questions, do not hesitate to ask. Good luck!

1. What is "Difficulty With Wording of a Problem"?

"Difficulty With Wording of a Problem" refers to the challenge of understanding or interpreting the language used to describe a problem or research question. It can also refer to difficulties in formulating a clear and concise problem statement.

2. Why is "Difficulty With Wording of a Problem" important in scientific research?

Clear and accurate wording is crucial in scientific research as it ensures that the research question is well-defined and can be effectively communicated to others. It also helps researchers to avoid potential biases or misunderstandings that may impact the results of their study.

3. What are some common causes of "Difficulty With Wording of a Problem"?

Some common causes of difficulty with wording a problem include complex or technical language, ambiguous or vague terms, and lack of background knowledge or understanding of the subject matter. Other factors may include cultural or linguistic barriers, unfamiliarity with the research methodology, or difficulty in articulating thoughts effectively.

4. How can one overcome "Difficulty With Wording of a Problem" in scientific research?

There are several strategies that researchers can use to overcome difficulty with wording a problem. These include seeking feedback and input from colleagues or experts in the field, conducting thorough background research and literature review, and breaking down the problem into smaller, more manageable components. Additionally, taking time to carefully consider and revise the wording of the problem statement can also be helpful.

5. Are there any resources available to help with "Difficulty With Wording of a Problem"?

Yes, there are many resources available to help with wording a problem in scientific research. These include scientific writing guides, online forums and discussion boards, and workshops or courses on research methodology and problem formulation. Additionally, seeking guidance and support from a mentor or supervisor can also be beneficial.