What was your most embarrassing Halloween moment?

• Thread starter JamesU
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Thread
In summary: I went out with some friends and we were all decked out in our spookiest costumes. We went to this one house and I remember my friend's mom opening the door and being like 'WHOA! IT'S A GHOST!' and we all just started laughing. It was so much fun.In summary, the author went out trick-or-treating with friends and was dressed as a ghost. He-man, their friend's mom's favorite costume, was also dressed as a ghost that night.
JamesU
Gold Member
only a month and a half! :rolleyes:

I'll tell a haloween story for last year:

Me and my friends were out getting candy (for probably the last time) and The lady who answers the door thinks that one of myt friends is a girl. so the lady gave my friend candy and said 'there you go, little girl' :biggrin: so my friend said 'I'm not a girl!' She responded with 'sure you're not'. My friend was a little mad 'no, I'm really not!'. she was embarassed and just said 'oh'

I always get a laugh out of that :biggrin:

Physics news on Phys.org
Hey! How was I supposed to know? :devil:

ah, I see the realation...she had wrinkly skin and was at least 60 (really)

yomamma said:
ah, I see the realation...she had wrinkly skin and was at least 60 (really)
:devil: Me thinks yomamma may not be a PF member by Halloween. :devil:

no, she really was!

Last Halloween the doorbell rang, which alarmed me because I wasn't properly dressed, so, donning my Willam Shatner mask, and arming myself with a large kitchen knife, I went to answer it only to find a person standing there in a William Shatner mask holding a large kitchen knife.

Quickly combobbulating myself, I realized it was a tyke of about ten with a full length mirror strapped to himself.

"What are you supposed to be?" I asked.

"I am you," he replied.

"Well, if you're me, then I'm you. Trick or Treat. Give me all your candy or I'll give you seven years bad luck!"

He burst into tears and turned away to his mother, waiting at the end of the walkway; "Momma, Michael Meyers was mean to me!"

"Stop alliterating in public!" she snapped at him, "Wipe your nose and get in the car!"

For the rest of the evening, I couldn't quite get the incident out of my mind.

He burst into tears and turned away to his mother, waiting at the end of the walkway; "Momma, Michael Meyers was mean to me!"

Nothing better than making children cry on Halloween! :rofl: :devil:

:rofl: that's funny

I love that story zoob. :biggrin:

I like pumpkins

Yes. They're friendly and orange.

I like pumpkin piem scaring little kids, etc.

since PF runs entirely off premium memberships, I had to get us the economy pumpkin :rolleyes: :

pumpkin.jpg

Looks like an elephant tried to incubate it while it was growing. It's flaccid.

hehe! look, someone tried to carve a person and they look all stup- oh...that's a real person :redface:

I saw all the Halloween stuff out at the store already and wanted to start decorating. Then I decided maybe I should at least wait until October. :rolleyes: I love Halloween! I doubt I'll get any trick-or-treaters though. I'm out in the middle of nowhere with just two rows of townhouses. There aren't many kids living here in the first place. So, I'll probably just get whatever I like and have it around in case one or two of them come to the door, and then I'll have an excuse to eat the rest.

We get a TON of trick or treaters. every year, we elaborately decorate our house for haloween. I think this year we'll be doing a small walk-through haunted house

I love halloween for me it's the beginning of the holiday season. I used to set up a cauldron with dry ice for the eerie smoke effect. I had an animated Count Dracula that moved. Those were the days.

What are we going to do for our PF Halloween party this year?

I have a smoke machine...it's kinda cool, a little noisy. the little kids get scared of it tho :devil:

Franzbear will be going trick-or-treating for his first time! look, I showed him some outfits, and I got him the one he was scared of most, he's going as a pair of scissors:

http://www.joann.com/images/catalog/C/D/A/014/p_CDA014-d.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Oooh, this will be Franzbear's first Halloween! The little tyke is sure to have a frightfully good time. :devil:

Oooh, this will be Franzbear's first Halloween!

Reminds me of my first Halloween, least that I can remember. I was three and went as He-man, I looked like a body-building midget.

There's nothing more satisfying as a parent than to dress your children up as freaks and laugh at them. :biggrin:

My ffirst haloween, I was ghost.

What was your most embarrassing Halloween moment?

As a scientist, I have had many memorable Halloween experiences. While I cannot choose just one as the most embarrassing, I can share some frequently asked questions about my Halloween moments.

What happened during your embarrassing Halloween moment?

During one Halloween, I dressed up as a mad scientist and accidentally spilled a cup of fake blood on a stranger's costume. It was quite embarrassing!

How did you handle the situation?

I immediately apologized and offered to help clean the stain. The person was understanding and we even ended up laughing about it.

Did you learn anything from that experience?

Yes, I learned to be more careful when wearing costumes with messy props and to always be mindful of those around me.

Do you have any tips for avoiding embarrassing moments on Halloween?

My advice would be to plan your costume carefully and to be mindful of others' personal space while wearing it. And in case something does go wrong, just remember to laugh it off and apologize.

What is your favorite Halloween memory?

My favorite Halloween memory is when I dressed up as Marie Curie and won first prize at a costume contest. It was a fun and unique way to combine my love for science and Halloween.