Today was World Series game 7?

In summary, there has been a World Series happening in the US, but many people were not aware of it. The name "World Series" is misleading since it only includes teams from the US and Canada, although the game of baseball is also played in Japan. The nature of the game changed in 1919 to include throwing the game for bribes, and the recent World Series games have been lackluster and unimpressive.
Pengwuino
Gold Member
So... um... apparently the World Series has been happening?

What the hell? I haven't heard a single person say anything about it. Hell, I didn't even know baseball was being played the last few months. Is google news screwing with me or has it really been baseball season?

DISCUSS!

Physics news on Phys.org
Haha! Same! I didn't know they were in the World Series until my Physics TA and some guys in class were talking about it today. Apparently, last nights game was an intense game.

Andy said:
12. Further, you will stop playing baseball. It is not reasonable to host an event called the World Series for a game which is not played outside of America . Since only 2.1% of you are aware there is a world beyond your borders, your error is understandable. You will learn cricket, and we will let you face the Australians (World dominators) first to take the sting out of their deliveries.

Seriously though, why the heck is it called World series?

Since a lot of our members are not legal citizens of the US, I thought I might explain what the world series is. Here we play a game called baseball. Outside the country I think it's called soccer and that's why you aren't allowed to compete in our tournaments. So to answer mishrashubham's question, when the world series began, all the baseball teams in the world competed and so there was no distinction between the US championship series and the world championship series. This situation has changed recently since Canadians and Japanese have started playing the game. I expect the name will be changed to Solar System Series any moment now. Before 1919, the object of the game was to strike a ball aimed at your head. If you fail to strike the ball, it's called a strike. whereas, if you do strike the ball you run around in circles and have a ball. The umpire will let you know which one happened. However, the nature of the game changed substantially in 1919. Instead of throwing the ball, now the object is to throw the game. The team that gets the most bribes to lose wins.

Jimmy Snyder said:
However, the nature of the game changed substantially in 1919. Instead of throwing the ball, now the object is to throw the game. The team that gets the most bribes to lose wins.

After watching game 6, I'm very suspicious that you are right. After accidentally getting two runs ahead by the top of the ninth inning, Texas managed to recover by allowing St Louis to get two runs in the bottom of the ninth. Then Texas blew it again by getting two runs in the tenth inning, but again recovered by allowing St Louis two runs. Finally St Louis won in the 11th inning like they were supposed to.

Last edited:
to me this is one of the least interesting world series ever. the only interesting thing about the games was the score, which only matters if you are pulling for one of the teams. as a fan of the sport the play was uninspiring and of poor quality. the pitching was mediocre, the defense was poor, the base running was bad, and there were more errors and poor referee calls than anything else. this series could only be appealing to a fan of one of the teams involved, or someone who enjoys seeing home runs hit off average pitchers by steroidally pumped hitters. i did not see any really good double plays, nor impressive strikeouts, but i admit i quit watching early in most games from extreme boredom. i live in atlanta and am spoiled by watching john smoltz and greg maddux pitch, and watching bobby cox lead the braves to over a dozen consecutive league titles. the fact that the braves won so few series however taught me that this 7 game winner take all series is an event for big hitters, not pitchers or strategic plays. after seeing game 7 start off with first inning scores by both teams for the first time in 75 years, i lost interest. i want to watch good baseball, not just a close game played badly by both teams.

1. What teams played in the World Series game 7?

The Los Angeles Dodgers and the Houston Astros played in the World Series game 7.

2. Who won the World Series game 7?

The Houston Astros won the World Series game 7 with a final score of 5-1.

3. Where was the World Series game 7 held?

The World Series game 7 was held at Dodger Stadium in Los Angeles, California.

4. How many World Series titles does each team have?

The Los Angeles Dodgers have 7 World Series titles, while the Houston Astros have 1 World Series title.

5. What was the significance of this World Series game 7?

This World Series game 7 was significant as it determined the winner of the 2020 World Series and ended a 32-year championship drought for the Houston Astros.