Sony DPT-S1 Eink PDF Reader: Is It Available Yet?

• Thread starter DrDu
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Pdf
In summary, the Sony DPT-S1 Eink PDF Reader is no longer in production and not available for purchase. It may be found on third-party websites, but with caution as it may be used or refurbished. The device has a 13.3-inch e-ink display, touchscreen capabilities, and supports PDF files. It also has a long battery life and WiFi connectivity for file transfer. However, it does not support any other file formats besides PDF. Overall, it is a popular choice for reading, annotating, and note-taking among professionals and students.
DrDu
Science Advisor
I just read that Sony wanted to sell the 13,3 eink pdf-reader DPT-S1 in Japan in December.
Have they started already?
Has anyone already hands on experience?

Computer science news on Phys.org
I don't think they have started selling them yet.

Here is a video that mentions it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GksPX8qi4fQ

1. Is the Sony DPT-S1 Eink PDF Reader currently available for purchase?

No, the Sony DPT-S1 Eink PDF Reader is no longer being produced and is not available for purchase.

2. Can I still find the Sony DPT-S1 Eink PDF Reader for sale on third-party websites?

It is possible to find the Sony DPT-S1 Eink PDF Reader for sale on third-party websites, but be cautious as these devices may be used or refurbished and may not come with a warranty.

3. What features does the Sony DPT-S1 Eink PDF Reader have?

The Sony DPT-S1 Eink PDF Reader has a 13.3-inch e-ink display, touchscreen capabilities, and supports PDF files. It also has a long battery life and can connect to WiFi for file transfers.

4. Can I use the Sony DPT-S1 Eink PDF Reader to read other file formats besides PDF?

No, the Sony DPT-S1 Eink PDF Reader is specifically designed for PDF files and does not support any other file formats.

5. Is the Sony DPT-S1 Eink PDF Reader a good choice for reading documents and taking notes?

Yes, the Sony DPT-S1 Eink PDF Reader is a popular choice among professionals and students for reading and annotating documents, as well as taking notes. Its large screen and touchscreen capabilities make it easy to navigate and make notes directly on the document.