Teenage Suicide Bomber Sought Paradise and 72 Virgins

• News
  • Thread starter Chen
  • Start date
In summary, A 16-year-old Palestinian suicide bomber, Hussam Abdo, who was caught by Israeli soldiers at a West Bank checkpoint, said he wanted to reach paradise where 72 virgins were waiting for him. He stated that he had learned about this paradise in school while studying the Koran. Many people have joked about the concept of 72 virgins, but it is a sad reality that young men in oppressive countries are often led to believe that material well-being and physical pleasure are more important than spirituality. This mindset has been manipulated by some religious leaders to justify and encourage acts of violence and terrorism. Despite some conspiracy theories, Abdo's parents have confirmed his story, shedding light on the desperation and lack of hope that
Njorl said:
That's how many of them maintain their virginity.

:wink:

Njorl
the logic doesn't work but it's still funny! :)

Physics news on Phys.org
What I am worried about is the terrorist hunt getting out of hand. The last thing we need is a second McCarthy era or a Salem Witch Trial.

We should hunt terrorists but not go to the extent of destroying fundamental human rights to do so.

Adam said:
Logical to breed hate against terrorists, eh? Well, to say it is logical to breed hate against some group of people, or section of society, you need to first define the target. To me, a terrorist is any person or group who attacks civilian target for some political aim, whatever their excuse (such as religion, money, freedom, whatever). Even a vague association with the slimmest Beginner's Guide To History will show that just about every state on Earth has done this at one point or another. If it is logical to breed hate against terrorists, then it is logical to breed hate against every nation, culture, religion, tribe, et cetera, since at some point every group has done it. So if everyone is hating everyone, all we get is more of the same. Seems a tad illogical to me.

LOL what a polite way of saying: The Professional, you're an a**h**e

Back