One way fluid valve- no moving parts

In summary, the conversation is about designing a simple piston with holes to allow fluid to flow better in one direction than the other. The speaker has tried using tapered holes but has not found a design that provides a significant difference in flow. They are open to ideas or suggestions, but mention that the typical solution is to use a check valve. The speaker has tried using a flexible flap over some of the holes on one side, but is looking for a simpler solution. They also ask if shaping the holes in a certain way can increase the velocity of the fluid in one direction.
THORPE
I am trying to come up with a shape or design of a simple piston with holes that will allow fluid to flow in one direction better than the other. Very Simple shock design.

I have tried tapered holes so as to speed up flow in one direction and it worked slightly but haven't quite found the design that gives me enough difference to do what I want.

I am looking to cut flow to about 1/2 in one direction compared to the other.
Or speed flow in one direction it doesn't matter.

Any ideas ?
Or at Least a direction to look towards?

I've seen the tesla valve but it is much to large to use on something so small.

Engineering news on Phys.org
The typical solution is to use a check valve with a hole in the poppet. If you need accuracy, perhaps you could use two parallel tubing circuits, each with a check valve in one direction and an orifice or needle valve to provide precise flow restriction.

I understand.

I wish I could but this is a much smaller scale. 14mm piston. going to be too small to do much. I've used a flexible flap over some of the holes on one side. This works but it's not immediate. I just want to simplify.

Am I off in thinking that I can speed the velocity of the fluid in one direction with tapered holes or shaping them a certain way?

What is a one way fluid valve?

A one way fluid valve is a type of valve that allows fluid to flow in only one direction, preventing backflow. It does not have any moving parts and relies on its design to control the flow of fluid.

How does a one way fluid valve work?

A one way fluid valve works by using a check mechanism, such as a ball or flap, to block the flow of fluid in one direction and allow it to flow freely in the opposite direction. This check mechanism is typically held in place by a spring or gravity, and opens and closes as the pressure of the fluid changes.

What are the advantages of using a one way fluid valve?

One of the main advantages of a one way fluid valve is that it does not have any moving parts, making it less prone to wear and tear and requiring less maintenance. It also allows for a more consistent flow of fluid and can prevent backflow, which can be crucial in certain applications.

What are the common applications of a one way fluid valve?

One way fluid valves are commonly used in industries such as plumbing, automotive, and medical. They can be found in various systems, such as pumps, engines, and respiratory devices, to control the flow of fluids in a single direction.

How do I choose the right one way fluid valve for my application?

The selection of a one way fluid valve depends on several factors, including the type of fluid being used, the flow rate, and the pressure and temperature requirements. It is important to consider these factors and consult with a valve expert to determine the most suitable valve for your specific application.