Woman Attacked By Toilet in UK

• Thread starter zoobyshoe
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Uk
In summary: Basically it is completely metal, you throw in a coin and the door opens, you walk in and it takes about a minute for the door to lock. In summary, a woman in the UK was unlawfully detained by a toilet for two hours, causing a harrowing ordeal. This incident brings up questions about the safety and cleanliness of automated public restrooms.
zoobyshoe
In the UK recently,a toilet unlawfully detained a woman in a harrowing two hour ordeal:

The Register
Address:http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/archive/18312.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Originally posted by zoobyshoe
In the UK recently,a toilet unlawfully detained a woman in a harrowing two hour ordeal:

The Register

Wow, there sure are strange things happening in the world.

Now you know what happens when you plug toilets into the matrix...

"The first old lady was old Mrs. Humphrey.
She twisted and turned until she was comfey.
But when she was done she could not get her rump free,
And nobody new she was there"

-From 7 old ladies locked in the lavatory

Njorl

The Register
I once walked into one of those things at the train station, I didn't know how fast to get out. Basically it is completely metal, you throw in a coin and the door opens, you walk in and it takes about a minute for the door to lock.. there no buttons or whatever. Then the room itself.. it looked like they completely fill it with water after each use, everything was wet, water beamers in each corner. I imagined it would not notice me standing in there and start spouting water, or that someone would throw a coin and the door would open. So after a short contemplation I managed to make my way out by pushion an electronic button, which I was able to find.

It DID pass me mind though: what would happen if someone passed out here, slipt and fell, or if the button would simply be out of order? There is no way to get out! Well.. apparently it happens

Originally posted by Monique
It DID pass me mind though: what would happen if someone passed out here, slipt and fell, or if the button would simply be out of order? There is no way to get out! Well.. apparently it happens

Sounds like quite an ordeal... id rather just use a tree. At least then I won't be at risk of drowning and id be helping the environment (so long as it doesn't get into groundwater).

Originally posted by Monique
So after a short contemplation I managed to make my way out by pushion an electronic button, which I was able to find.
Are you saying you were too frightened to even use the facilities?

Actually, the part about everything being wet is pretty unsettling. It sounds like there is some kind of automatic spray system. It would be frightening to be caught inside when that started up.

I haven't heard anything about these toilets before I happened on this story. I don't think anyone has tried deploying them in the US.

Last edited:
Originally posted by quartodeciman
I wonder if it was a later dvelopment of this -->

MSN iloo
http://www.chefelf.com/iloo.shtml
I remember hearing about that somewhere.

That article is hilarious!

Actually, the part about everything being wet is pretty unsettling. It sounds like there is some kind of automatic spray system. It would be frightening to be caught inside when that started up.
Yes, there was an automatic spray system and the door didn't want to close initially. Makes you wonder whether it knows someone's in there :P

Also makes you wonder, when everything is sprayed down, how clean the place is. I mean, bugs are happily blasted from one corner to the other, and then allowed to multiply when all is wet

1. What happened to the woman attacked by the toilet in the UK?

According to reports, a woman in the UK was using a public restroom when the toilet exploded and caused injuries to her lower body.

2. What caused the toilet to attack the woman?

The exact cause of the toilet's malfunction is still under investigation, but it is speculated that a buildup of pressure in the pipes may have caused the explosion.

3. How common are toilet explosions?

Toilet explosions are fairly uncommon, with only a few reported cases each year. Most often, these incidents are caused by a combination of factors such as old or faulty plumbing, improper maintenance, or the use of improper cleaning products.

4. Can toilets really cause serious injuries?

Although it may seem unlikely, toilets can actually cause serious injuries if they malfunction or explode. In this particular case, the woman suffered from injuries to her lower body and required medical treatment.

5. What precautions can be taken to prevent toilet explosions?

To prevent toilet explosions, it is important to properly maintain plumbing and avoid using harsh chemicals or foreign objects in the toilet. Regular inspections and repairs can also help identify potential issues before they become dangerous. If you notice any strange noises or malfunctions with your toilet, it is best to call a professional plumber for assistance.