Prove Riemann Hypothesis: High School Student Guide

In summary, the conversation suggests that in order to prove the Riemann Hypothesis, one should start by studying mathematics, particularly complex analysis and number theory. Going to university and obtaining a PhD in this field is also recommended. Additionally, it is suggested to read Riemann's paper on the topic.
hadi amiri 4
i am a high school student i want to prove the riemann hypothesis but i do not how to start:confused:

Physics news on Phys.org
Start by studying mathematics of course!

Don't worry, Hadi. Professional mathematicians have wanted to prove it for over a 100 years and arguably we don't know how to start either.

If you want to start understanding the statement of the problem, then learning about complex analysis and number theory is the way to go. And probably going to university, doing 3/4 years of undergrad, a masters, and a PhD is the necessary thing to do. Unless you're independently wealthy and fantastically clever.

I have to agree to the statements above, the time of the Fermants is over.

hadi amiri 4 said:
i am a high school student i want to prove the riemann hypothesis but i do not how to start:confused:
Here is a proof to get you started:

http://arxiv.org/abs/0807.0090

cartesianbear said:
Here is a proof to get you started:

http://arxiv.org/abs/0807.0090

well the url says:

This paper has been withdrawn by the author, due to a mistake on page 29.

:frown:

you might start by reading riemann's paper on the topic.

1. What is the Riemann Hypothesis?

The Riemann Hypothesis is a mathematical conjecture proposed by Bernhard Riemann in 1859. It states that all nontrivial zeros of the Riemann zeta function lie on the critical line, at a real part of 1/2. This hypothesis has important implications in number theory and has been a topic of interest for mathematicians for over a century.

2. Why is it important to prove the Riemann Hypothesis?

The Riemann Hypothesis has significant implications in various fields of mathematics, including number theory, analysis, and physics. It would provide a deeper understanding of the distribution of prime numbers and could potentially lead to new insights and solutions to other unsolved mathematical problems.

3. How can a high school student understand and contribute to the proof of the Riemann Hypothesis?

While the proof of the Riemann Hypothesis is still a work in progress, high school students can contribute by gaining a strong foundation in mathematics and learning about number theory, complex analysis, and other relevant topics. They can also participate in mathematical competitions and attend lectures and workshops to further their understanding of the hypothesis.

4. What are some current approaches to proving the Riemann Hypothesis?

There are various approaches to proving the Riemann Hypothesis, including the use of analytic methods, algebraic methods, and probabilistic methods. Some mathematicians have also explored connections between the Riemann Hypothesis and other areas of mathematics, such as algebraic geometry and random matrix theory.

5. Has the Riemann Hypothesis been proven yet?

No, the Riemann Hypothesis has not been proven yet. It remains one of the most famous unsolved problems in mathematics, and many mathematicians continue to work towards finding a proof. However, some progress has been made, and there have been some partial results and proofs for special cases of the hypothesis.