Solving #12: Salt Content in Tank B

• Thread starter Shackleford
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Salt Tank
In summary, the conversation was about a lengthy problem that involved checking work for a solution to salt content in Tank B. The first part of the solution was manageable, but the second part seemed complicated. The person asking for help also mentioned that the scanned images of the problem were difficult to read.
Shackleford
This is probably the longest problem I've ever had. #12. Check my work, please. I'm a bit leery of the solution to the salt content, y(t), for Tank B simply because it seems quite complicated. The first part wasn't too bad, though.

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n149/camarolt4z28/2512a.jpg

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n149/camarolt4z28/2512.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
You would probably get more help if it were easier to see what you did. I had to open one Web page to see the problem, and then another to see your work, which is a little hard to read.

The scan is pretty big. You can easily zoom into see my work or at least my x(t) and y(t) answers in the middle and bottom.

Ttt...

What is the purpose of solving #12: Salt Content in Tank B?

The purpose of solving #12: Salt Content in Tank B is to determine the amount of salt present in the tank in order to maintain proper salinity levels for the organisms living in the tank.

What equipment is needed to solve #12: Salt Content in Tank B?

The equipment needed to solve #12: Salt Content in Tank B includes a salinity meter, a measuring cup or beaker, a scale, and a calculator.

What steps are involved in solving #12: Salt Content in Tank B?

The steps involved in solving #12: Salt Content in Tank B are: 1) Collect a sample of water from the tank. 2) Measure the volume of the sample using a measuring cup or beaker. 3) Weigh the sample using a scale. 4) Calculate the amount of salt in the sample using the salinity meter and the weight and volume measurements. 5) Repeat this process multiple times and take an average to get an accurate reading.

Why is it important to maintain proper salt levels in a tank?

It is important to maintain proper salt levels in a tank because it is crucial for the health and survival of the organisms living in the tank. Too much or too little salt can be harmful and can lead to illness or death of the organisms.

What factors can affect the salt content in Tank B?

The salt content in Tank B can be affected by factors such as evaporation, water changes, and the addition of new saltwater or organisms. Temperature and water flow can also play a role in the salt content of the tank.