Can't find any trigonometry textbooks under the math section

In summary, the conversation revolved around finding a good book for learning trigonometry. It was mentioned that sometimes trigonometry is covered in algebra textbooks. Links to two websites which cover trigonometry were shared, as well as the suggestion to go to the local library and check out a few books to find one that works best. The conversation ended with a question about where to find trigonometry books, and the response was to check the Mathematics Learning Materials Forum on the second page, where a thread about trigonometry can be found.
MathJakob
Hi, I've looked under the mathematics textbook section on this site and I can see algebra and geometry but not a single trigonometry book... Is trigonometry normally covered in algebra books something?

My trigonometry is really quite terrible and I know the absolute basics so I'm looking for a good book that will covered everything from a right angle to the more advanced stuff. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Physics news on Phys.org
Sometimes, algebra and trig are covered in the same textbook. You won't know for sure until you look inside the book.

I just took a look in the Math & Science Learning Materials section. Take another look here (there is more than one page). I found links to two sites which cover trig (and say so in the title of the thread).

The nice thing about the introductory topics is the number of texts about them. I'd say go to the local library and check out 3 or 4 books and find one that works for you best.

Hmm I must be looking in the wrong section then because in the section where the categories are colour coded there is no trig books although I did find this one book posted by micromass https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=668628 but I absolutely had the font.

SteamKing where are you finding these trig books?

Go to the Math & Science Learning Materials section and click on the Mathematics Learning Materials Forum.

On the 2nd page, you will find this thread:

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=441066

There are many more pages of material to go thru, not to mention what you can find on the WWW at large by googling 'Trigonometry'.

1. Why are there no trigonometry textbooks under the math section?

There could be a few reasons for this. It could be that the store or website has sold out of trigonometry textbooks, or they may not carry them at all. It's also possible that the textbooks are located in a different section, such as the science or engineering section, since trigonometry is often used in those fields.

2. Can I still purchase a trigonometry textbook from this store or website?

It's best to check with the store or website directly to see if they have any trigonometry textbooks available. If not, they may be able to order one for you or suggest another place to purchase it.

3. Is there a specific reason why trigonometry textbooks are not under the math section?

There could be several reasons for this, such as the store or website categorizing textbooks based on subject rather than general math topics. It's also possible that they have limited shelf space and have chosen to prioritize other subjects over trigonometry.

4. Can I find trigonometry textbooks in other sections besides math?

Yes, it's possible that trigonometry textbooks may be located in other sections such as science, engineering, or even test prep. It's best to check with the store or website to see where they have them located.

5. Are there any alternatives to purchasing a physical trigonometry textbook?

Yes, there are many digital and online resources available for learning trigonometry. You can also borrow textbooks from a library or purchase e-books or digital versions of textbooks. Additionally, there are many free online resources and tutorials for learning trigonometry.