Is My Textbook Enough for My First Semester in EE?

• Thread starter ICHO
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Semester
In summary: Linear Circuit Analysis I - EE 201 - 1 Associated Term: Fall 2010CRN: 70729Status: **Web Registered** on Jul 07, 2010Assigned Instructor: Kaveh HeidaryGrade Mode: Standard Letter GradeCredits: 3.000Level: UndergraduateCampus: Main AAMU CampusScheduled Meeting Times Type Time Days Where Date Range Schedule Type InstructorsClass 6:00 pm - 7:20 pm MW Engineering Technology Bldg 223 Aug 18, 2010 -
ICHO
my first semester is approaching in The EE field and I already have a textbook sitting around the house its called Electrical Circuits Fundamentals author Floyd ISBN0132197103 should I just jump into this book now in order to get ahead or is it sort of out dated and wouldn't help
me

Engineering news on Phys.org
ICHO said:
my first semester is approaching in The EE field and I already have a textbook sitting around the house its called Electrical Circuits Fundamentals author Floyd ISBN0132197103 should I just jump into this book now in order to get ahead or is it sort of out dated and wouldn't help
me

It's probably worth skimming through a bit. Do you have your classes yet for first semester? Are you taking a circuits class? Do you know what the textbook is for that class?

these are some of my classes

Introduction to EE - EE 101 - 1 Associated Term: Fall 2010
CRN: 70726
Assigned Instructor: Stoney Massey
Grade Mode: Standard Letter Grade
Credits: 3.000
Level: Undergraduate
Campus: Main AAMU Campus
Scheduled Meeting Times Type Time Days Where Date Range Schedule Type Instructors
Class 9:00 am - 9:50 am MWF Engineering Technology Bldg 272 Aug 18, 2010 - Dec 10, 2010 Lecture Stoney Massey (P)

Engineering Computing - EE 109 - 0 Associated Term: Fall 2010
CRN: 70727
Assigned Instructor: Kaveh Heidary
Scheduled Meeting Times Type Time Days Where Date Range Schedule Type Instructors
Class 2:00 pm - 3:20 pm TR Engineering Technology Bldg 272 Aug 18, 2010 - Dec 10, 2010 Lecture Kaveh Heidary (P)

Linear Circuit Analysis I - EE 201 - 1 Associated Term: Fall 2010
CRN: 70729
Assigned Instructor: Kaveh Heidary
Class 6:00 pm - 7:20 pm MW Engineering Technology Bldg 223 Aug 18, 2010 - Dec 10, 2010 Lecture Kaveh Heidary (P)

Do you know what the textbook is for EE 201?

no I don't I'm trying to find out by Monday but I'm going to ago ahead and just read this book just to get a small piece of the concept

What is the first semester?

The first semester is the first half of an academic year, usually lasting for around 15-16 weeks. It is the period of time when students take classes and complete coursework for their degree program.

When does the first semester start?

The start date of the first semester varies depending on the school and country. In most cases, it begins in late August or early September and ends in December before the winter break.

What should I expect in my first semester?

Your first semester may be overwhelming as you adjust to a new environment, meet new people, and take on new academic challenges. You can expect to attend lectures, participate in discussions, complete assignments, and take exams.

How many courses should I take in my first semester?

This also varies depending on the program and school. Typically, students take around 4-5 courses in their first semester. It is important to balance your workload and choose courses that align with your academic goals.

How can I prepare for my first semester?

To prepare for your first semester, you can familiarize yourself with your school's policies and procedures, reach out to your academic advisor for guidance, and make a plan for managing your time and workload. It can also be helpful to connect with other students and join clubs or organizations to get involved on campus.