Love and Chemistry: A Lab Experiment

In summary: I can't get it out. :sad:In summary, love is like a chemistry lab. You may find your soulmate and make beautiful chemistry with them, or, in my case, spill nitric acid on my hand.
... like having a mental disease that in moments makes you act like a retarded idiot

Brrrrrr... I hate my body.

Physics news on Phys.org
Love is like Bulls**t, everyone thinks they know it and they don't realize they suck at describing it.

Love is like oxygen...
Love Is Like Oxygen Lyrics
by Sweet

Time on my side
I got it all
I've heard that pride
Always comes before a fall
There's a rumour goin' round the town
That you don't want me around
I can't shake off my city blues
Everyway I turn I lose

Chorus
Love is like oxygen
You get too much you get too high
Not enough and you're going to die
Love gets you high

Time is no healer
When you're not there
Lonely fever
Sad words in the air
Some things are better left unsaid
I'm going to spend my days in bed
I'll walk the streets at night
To be hidden by the city lights city lights

Pengwuino said:
Love is like a chemistry lab. You may find your soulmate and make beautiful chemistry with them, or, in my case, spill nitric acid on my hand. :grumpy: :grumpy:
Was your hand gloved ? If not, you would have noticed, if the acid were concentrated enough, a yellow discoloration of your skin in the area of contact. This yellow product is the result of the so called xanthoproteic reaction - the nitration of phenyl groups in the proteins in your skin. The phenyl groups are present in the aromatic amino acids phenylalanine, tryptophan and tyrosine...speaking of which, it is the porphyrin pigments in these amino acids that makes the human skin slightly fluorescent. The emission spectrum, unfortunately lies mostly in the low UV range (peak at about 350nm) with a very shallow tail among the bluish hues. The excitation peak is at about 300 nm, plenty of which exists in sunlight.

Say, what is this thread about again ?

Love is like chemistry. As pretty as it looks when you get down to it they don't taste as good as they look.

Love is like... a hell lot of unbearable pain that doesn't sink in alcohol...
and it is also like a birth defect: makes you ashamed of yourself but there's next to nothing you can do about it, which makes you even more pathetic in your own eyes...

first and last time letting myself fall into someone like that :mad:

Gokul43201 said:
Was your hand gloved ? If not, you would have noticed, if the acid were concentrated enough, a yellow discoloration of your skin in the area of contact. This yellow product is the result of the so called xanthoproteic reaction - the nitration of phenyl groups in the proteins in your skin. The phenyl groups are present in the aromatic amino acids phenylalanine, tryptophan and tyrosine...speaking of which, it is the porphyrin pigments in these amino acids that makes the human skin slightly fluorescent. The emission spectrum, unfortunately lies mostly in the low UV range (peak at about 350nm) with a very shallow tail among the bluish hues. The excitation peak is at about 300 nm, plenty of which exists in sunlight.

Stay on topic, please...:rolleyes:

Love is a real bugger. 'Tis a useful mechanism for getting humans to breed, then stick around to keep the kids alive until they breed, etc. Sure feels good though ('course, the fall is that much harder...).

Love is like potatoes.

dav2008 said:
Love is like potatoes.

Great, now I hate potatoes too.

I hate you!

Smasherman said:
Stay on topic, please...:rolleyes:
Who, me ? :bugeye:

Pengwuino said:
Yah this was just a thread about how i spilt nitric acid on my hand in my chemistry lab.

Love is like gift, you can either appreaciate it or complain about it.