What are your favourite pair of shoes?

• Thread starter TheStatutoryApe
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Pair
In summary: I have summarized the conversation, in summary, the group discussed their favorite types of shoes and shared opinions on different styles. Some preferred comfortable and practical shoes while others enjoyed dressing up and wearing high heels. They also talked about the cost and durability of shoes, as well as sharing humorous anecdotes about their shoe preferences.
Evo said:
:bugeye: Oh my!
TSA is an impressive speller. :biggrin: :rofl:

Evo said:
She's definitely beautiful.
Yes, she is somewhat attractive, but how is she at mathematics, physics or science in general.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
I'm beginning to worry about you guys.

i use to LOVE shoes! lately I'm way too broke to afford them so i have a pair of hiking boots and sneakers and that was it. actually, i just bought two pairs of dress sandals the other day. both are heeled. i really like heels actually. i used to wear loads of black boots. some were lace ups, some knee highs, some platform, all with at least a 2 inch heel, but most of my heels are around 4 inches. i used to never wear any flats. now i don't mind wearing flip flops, and i love going barefoot, but i do miss nice shoes.

i had this brand new pair of shoes once, they were black and white with laces, and a nearly stiletto 3inch heel. my dog ate them like the first week i had them... i went and bought a new pair of shoes the next day to replace them. they were a chunky black 2 inch platform shoe, dog got those too... that's basically when i stopped buying nice shoes.

TheStatutoryApe said:
Here are some sexy lady's shoes from the same company as the B&Ws...
http://www.bleyer.com/images/suzyq1.jpg http://www.bleyer.com/images/suzyq5.jpg
Oh my! Those look like a pair of bowling shoes had a horrible, horrible accident! :bugeye:

So is that all you have to say about SHOES ladies?!

I buy shoes about once a year. A nice pair of flat, black shoes that I can wear with nearly everything. Other than that, I have the assortment of brown shoes, sandals, and pumps that get worn so infrequently, I really don't need to replace them very frequently. Those are for the rare occasion the flat black shoes don't suffice. Though, lately, I've been wearing a pair of old sneakers bought years ago because I've been on my feet on concrete floors about 8 hours straight, so needed the shoes with the squishiest bottoms...my work boots just don't have enough cushion. Oh, and I have a newer pair of sneakers...tennis shoe style...that I wear when I'm going casual. My only real criterion in buying shoes is that my toesies have lots of wiggle room...they don't like being cramped up. As soon as I get home, I kick off my shoes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Math Is Hard said:
Deal! It is such a lucky thing that all the Sisters have the same shoe size!:approve:
Well, you don't have to worry about me stealing your or Evo's shoes. I avoid heels as much as possible. I have never found a pair that didn't leave my toes in pain after about 10 min. Though, the ones LYN posted, I might put on with a lacy teddy, just as long as I didn't actually have to walk anywhere in them. I can't think of any other reason you'd wear shoes like that. :tongue2:

http://www.gr8gear.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=446

For all my paratrooping needs!

I've worn boots similar to these (8" instead of 11") for... oh... about a decade now.

enigma said:
http://www.gr8gear.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=446

For all my paratrooping needs!

I've worn boots similar to these (8" instead of 11") for... oh... about a decade now.

I thought you wore "wing"tips! :biggrin:

Astronuc said:
Yes, she is somewhat attractive, but how is she at mathematics, physics or science in general.

She seems pretty smart to me... :smile:

Moonbear said:
Though, the ones LYN posted, I might put on with a lacy teddy, just as long as I didn't actually have to walk anywhere in them. I can't think of any other reason you'd wear shoes like that. :tongue2:

You wear shoes like that because I tell you to. Simple as that.

You want some interesting shoes check out http://www.fluevog.com/files_2/flue-seum.html" . My wife has found some of them on ebay...they get down right wierd.

Last edited by a moderator:
I tend to wear clog style shoes from april till november

Attachments

• sagah2416_fs.jpg
    sagah2416_fs.jpg
    1.4 KB · Views: 380
hypatia said:
I tend to wear clog style shoes from april till november
I like the look of those, may have to get a pair.
Generally I prefer to have bare feet, weather permitting, although the weather here doesn't permit that very often. The closest I can get to that is my beloved connie all stars with the laces tied loosely so I can easily slip them on and off. In winter I'll wear my cubans, like Maths is Hard. I'm not fond of wearing high heels often, reserving them for the hieght of summer during the day and special nights all year round.