Is Light Pollution Impacting Your Stargazing Experience?

• Thread starter russ_watters
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Closed
In summary, the individual has finally become a homeowner after a difficult process with LendingTree. They will be moving in over the next few days and are excited about setting up their new home, including stargazing on their deck and in their backyard. Others congratulate them and offer advice, and the individual is looking forward to making their new house their own.
russ_watters
Mentor
After much pain with LendingTree (more on that horror later), the closing went through without too much trouble (except that it took twice as long as it should have and the money didn't clear until later in the afternoon). So now I'm a homeowner!

I'll be moving the small stuff in for the next two days and spending far too much money on little crap like soap dispensers and bathmats. Big stuff goes in on Saturday and that's when I'll start sleeping there.

The place is another 20 minutes further from work, which will suck, but it has some of the best stargazing skies in Southeastern PA and is still only an hour from Philly. I'll probably pier-mount my telescope on my deck (I have a deck!) and the backyard (I have a backyard!) is pitch-black.

Physics news on Phys.org
russ_watters said:
After much pain with LendingTree (more on that horror later), the closing went through without too much trouble (except that it took twice as long as it should have and the money didn't clear until later in the afternoon). So now I'm a homeowner!

I'll be moving the small stuff in for the next two days and spending far too much money on little crap like soap dispensers and bathmats. Big stuff goes in on Saturday and that's when I'll start sleeping there.

The place is another 20 minutes further from work, which will suck, but it has some of the best stargazing skies in Southeastern PA and is still only an hour from Philly. I'll probably pier-mount my telescope on my deck (I have a deck!) and the backyard (I have a backyard!) is pitch-black.

AWESOME!

Sounds like my backyard. Pitch-black and I'm sure you'll love it with your telescope.

Congrats!

Yes, it's amazing how much you can spend setting up a new home, but it's all fun, at least in the beginning. :biggrin: And the best part now...it's YOURS! *raises a virtual beer in a toast* (I'd toast with a real beer, but it's late and I need to get up early tomorrow.)

Congrats on your new house! Hope you have many happy years there!

Congrats on the house Russ!1111111111111

Congrats Russ!

Now, mow that yard! :biggrin:

Kudos, Russ.

1. What does it mean to "close on a house"?

Closing on a house means that all necessary paperwork and legal documentation has been completed and the seller has transferred ownership of the property to the buyer. It is the final step in the process of purchasing a home.

2. How long does it take to close on a house?

The length of time it takes to close on a house can vary, but on average it takes around 30-45 days. This timeline can be affected by factors such as the type of mortgage, the location of the property, and any issues that may arise during the closing process.

3. What are the closing costs for buying a house?

Closing costs are fees and expenses that are paid at the time of closing on a house. They typically include things like loan origination fees, appraisal fees, title insurance, and attorney fees. On average, closing costs can range from 2-5% of the total purchase price of the home.

4. What should I bring to the closing on my house?

It is important to bring a valid form of identification, such as a driver's license or passport, to the closing on your house. You may also need to bring a certified or cashier's check for the down payment and closing costs, as well as any documents or paperwork requested by your lender or attorney.

5. Can I back out of a house closing?

In most cases, you can back out of a house closing before the documents are signed and the sale is finalized. However, this may result in losing any earnest money you have put down or facing legal consequences. It is important to carefully review all documents and discuss any concerns with your real estate agent or lawyer before signing.