Pass the Potato: 50 States in 50 Days!

In summary, the conversation discusses passing a potato to all 50 states and whether or not it has been cleared by the FDA. There is also a mention of someone mimicking another person. The potato has been passed to Florida, where the speaker will be moving in 2 months.
Physics news on Phys.org
Has this potato been cleared by the FDA? You know some states don't want veggies from other states..

Thread Closed

Pengwuiono, I thought you hated cyrus, and now you're mimicking him...?

Cyrus mimicks me, i have done all things before him and he just wants to be me in every way imaginable.

OK, I passed it :smile:

I gave it to Florida, where I will be moving in 2 months.

1. What is "Pass the Potato: 50 States in 50 Days!"?

Pass the Potato is a scientific experiment that involves passing a potato through all 50 states in the United States within 50 days. It aims to study the spread of microbes and bacteria through human contact and transportation.

2. How does the potato travel through the 50 states?

The potato is initially inoculated with a harmless strain of bacteria and then passed from person to person through various modes of transportation such as planes, trains, and cars. Each person has a designated amount of time with the potato before passing it on to the next person.

3. What is the purpose of this experiment?

The purpose of this experiment is to study the spread of microbes and bacteria through human contact and transportation. By tracking the potato's journey and testing it for different bacteria strains, scientists can gain a better understanding of how diseases and infections can spread through a population.

4. How are the results of this experiment being analyzed?

The results of this experiment are being analyzed by collecting samples from the potato at different points in its journey and testing them for different bacteria strains. Scientists will also be tracking the potato's location and the number of people it comes in contact with to determine the rate of transmission.

5. What are the potential applications of this experiment?

This experiment has potential applications in understanding and preventing the spread of diseases and infections. It can also provide insights into the effectiveness of different modes of transportation in limiting the spread of bacteria and the importance of personal hygiene in preventing the spread of diseases.