Can I take the entire ENG 4U course for summer school and graduate this year?

In summary, Toronto residents can take the ENG 4U course for summer school and graduate this year. However, it is not a reliable option because classes get filled and canceled all the time.
study.plus
Toronto:Can I take the entire ENG 4U course for summer school and graduate this year?

I can not take ENG 4U during the school year and I have to graduate this year. Can I take the entire ENG 4U course for summer school and graduate this year?

This question is for people who live in Toronto or Canada.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
What course is this, and at what educational institution?

EDIT: The original post has been edited to answer this question.

Last edited:
las3rjock said:
What course is this, and at what educational institution?

This course is Grade 12 English for University. This thread is for Toronto people because they have their own educational system.

Have you also completed 40 hours worth of community service? As well completed the other 29 courses?
I don't know how well that is going to work out if you complete the English course in the 08 summer and still be able to register for university (If that's what you are trying to get at).
Besides that, if you have all the prerequisites to graduate after completion of ENG4U then there should be no problem.

You'd have to ask your counsellor (however useless they may be). I'm not sure exactly, but I think you may be able to. However, a word of caution. Summer school is not reliable because classes get filled and canceled all the time. I signed up for physics in 5 different schools, 4 canceled, and the 5th was full even tho I applied very early. Seeing as you NEED english to graduate, I would put something else in the summer otherwise ur screwed. Although I think ENG is more popular than physics and the problem won't be as severe.

ENG4U credit

You can get an ENG4U credit within a month if you can put in the time to get all the work done.

www.ilc.org (in Toronto) offers it by distance and online, start whenever, very reasonable prices but you don't have much good access to help.

www.virtualhigh school.com (Southwestern Ontario) is similar, it will cost around $500 for a course but you will have access to teachers. This is possibly the only place for anyone who needs to pick up an MCV4U quickly outside of a normal stream. They develop new courses quickly which is helpful since the curriculum in Ontario seems to be changed frequently.

Last edited:

1. Can I take the entire ENG 4U course for summer school and graduate this year?

Yes, it is possible to take the entire ENG 4U course during summer school and graduate in the same year. However, it will depend on your school's policies and the availability of the course during summer school.

2. Will taking the entire ENG 4U course during summer school affect my overall GPA?

Yes, your grades from the ENG 4U course taken during summer school will be factored into your overall GPA, just like any other course. It is important to put in effort and do well in the course to maintain a high GPA.

3. Are there any prerequisites for taking the entire ENG 4U course during summer school?

It is recommended to have completed the prerequisite courses for ENG 4U before taking it during summer school. However, some schools may allow you to take the course without completing the prerequisites, as long as you meet the other requirements.

4. Will I have enough time to complete the entire ENG 4U course during summer school?

This will depend on the length of the summer school program and the pace of the course. It is important to plan and manage your time effectively to ensure you can complete all the necessary assignments and exams within the given timeframe.

5. Can I still participate in extracurricular activities while taking the entire ENG 4U course during summer school?

It is possible to participate in extracurricular activities while taking the ENG 4U course during summer school, but it may require good time management skills. It is important to prioritize your studies and make sure you have enough time to complete your assignments and study for exams.