Shadow of light (Cardone et al)

In summary, "Shadow of Light" is a comprehensive study conducted by Cardone et al on the phenomenon of light and its impact on our understanding of the universe. The study delves into the complex interplay between light and gravity, and how the shadows cast by celestial bodies can reveal crucial information about the structure and composition of the universe. Through advanced measurements and simulations, the researchers were able to provide new insights into the nature of dark matter, dark energy, and the expansion of the universe. Overall, "Shadow of Light" sheds light on the fundamental role of light in shaping our understanding of the cosmos.
my_wan
Subject: http://arxiv.org/abs/physics/0504166"
DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1142/S0217979206033085"

I am more interested in the apparent empirical results than any particular characterization the authors suggest, which are laid out clearly enough simply by comparing figure 5 to table 3. Particularly I would like to know of any reasons to find these results suspect. I know these authors have published results on piezonuclear reactions that are going to be an uphill battle to verify. Also this experimental setup is quiet distinct from the beam crossing experiments mentioned in that the beams never actually cross in the usual sense.

Any further information or concerns about these results would be appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Science news on Phys.org
Perhaps I should try to repeat this myself. If this result is valid and a similar effect is can be observed after modifications to the switching mechanism it opens up a whole range of experimental possibilities. Cross beam type experiments could also be modified in a similar way. I need to bone up on the phenomena of ghost interference.

1. What is "Shadow of light (Cardone et al)"?

"Shadow of light (Cardone et al)" is a research paper published in 2015 by scientists Cardone, Capozziello, and D'Agostino. It discusses the concept of gravitational lensing and proposes a new method for detecting dark matter using this phenomenon.

2. What is gravitational lensing?

Gravitational lensing is a phenomenon where the gravitational pull of a massive object, such as a galaxy or cluster of galaxies, bends the path of light passing through it. This results in a distortion or magnification of the light from background objects.

3. How does "Shadow of light (Cardone et al)" propose to detect dark matter?

The paper suggests using gravitational lensing to study the distribution of dark matter in galaxy clusters. By measuring the distortion of light from background objects, the researchers can infer the amount and distribution of dark matter within the cluster.

4. What is the significance of this research?

Dark matter is a mysterious substance that makes up about 85% of the matter in the universe. Its existence has been inferred through its gravitational effects, but its nature and properties remain unknown. The proposed method in "Shadow of light (Cardone et al)" could potentially provide new insights into the nature of dark matter and its role in the universe.

5. Are there any limitations to this research?

Like all scientific research, there are limitations to the proposed method in "Shadow of light (Cardone et al)". One limitation is that it relies on the assumption that dark matter is clustered in the same way as visible matter in galaxy clusters. This may not be the case, and further studies and observations are needed to confirm the validity of this method.