5psi Pressure relief valve acquisition.

In summary, the conversation was about finding a small, low pressure relief valve that can release fluid at 5psi within a specific size constraint. After some suggestions and google searches, the solution was found through Generant's VRVI valve. Grainger also had options, but they did not meet the specific requirements.
andrewwill90
Hi there.

I've been scouring google for a valve that will release a fluid (preferably a liquid) once 5psi has been reached. It must be within 100 x 40 x 40mm (the smaller the better). Has anyone any idea where to find a product like this?

Many thanks.
Andy

Engineering news on Phys.org
Q_Goest said:
Generant makes some very small, low pressure RV's.
http://www.generant.com/vrv.shtml

Thanks a bunch Q Goest! The VRVI is exactly what I needed! VRVI-250B-N-5 (not really sure on seals) seems best choice. Now to find pricing...!

Mech_Engineer said:
Let me google that for you.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=5+psi+relief+valve

Thanks Mech Engineer. Followed your link, but having searched more than 20 sites with no result prior to this (with the same search), I decided to stop wasting time when there are so many people out there with a great knowledge and know exactly where to go.
Thanks for your effort.

PS like the quotes you have! :)

So how about either of the first two results from Grainger? They're 5 psi relief valves, smaller than your size requirement, and only cost about $50.

Mech_Engineer said:
So how about either of the first two results from Grainger? They're 5 psi relief valves, smaller than your size requirement, and only cost about $50.

The thread size & 90° angle was not suited for my requirements. An inline vrv was the best option due to size and suitability. Thanks for your help.

1. What is a 5psi pressure relief valve?

A 5psi pressure relief valve is a safety device used to regulate and release excess pressure in a system to prevent damage or failure. It is typically set to open at 5 pounds per square inch (psi) of pressure.

2. Why is it important to acquire a 5psi pressure relief valve?

Acquiring a 5psi pressure relief valve is important because it ensures the safety and functionality of a system. Without it, excess pressure could build up and cause equipment failure, leading to potential hazards and costly repairs.

3. How do I choose the right 5psi pressure relief valve for my application?

Choosing the right 5psi pressure relief valve depends on factors such as the type of system, desired flow rate, and maximum pressure. It is recommended to consult with a professional or refer to manufacturer specifications to determine the best fit for your application.

4. Can a 5psi pressure relief valve be adjusted?

Some 5psi pressure relief valves may have adjustable settings, while others are pre-set and cannot be adjusted. It is important to check the specific valve's instructions and specifications before attempting to adjust it.

5. How often should a 5psi pressure relief valve be inspected and replaced?

In general, a 5psi pressure relief valve should be inspected regularly and replaced every 2-3 years to ensure proper functioning. However, the frequency may vary depending on the type of system and its usage. It is recommended to follow manufacturer recommendations for inspection and replacement schedules.