Can I Connect a Hydraulic Pump to a 100hp Motor for 80 N*m on Each Wheel?

In summary, the conversation discusses a problem with connecting a 100hp motor to a hydraulic pump to rotate hydraulic motors connected to the wheels. The desired outcome is to achieve 80 N*m on each wheel and a speed of 70mph. The formula "Calculating Full-load Torque" is suggested to help determine the torque produced by the motor. The individual also asks for assistance in choosing the appropriate pump and hydraulic motors.
andryuxa1985
hi
i have a problem

i have a motor 100hp and constant 2500rpm

i need to connect to him hydraulic pump, that will rotate hydraulic motors connected to the wheels. i need to get about 80 N*m on each wheel

how to solve this problem?
what formulas i need?

thank!

Engineering news on Phys.org
Well based on the power of the motor and the rpm, you can get the output torque of the motor. This will then transfer to the wheels.

hm... it's to difficult for me... :-/

motor make 100hp at 3000rpm. so pump also rotates at 3000rpm

what a flow and torque that produces pump?

thank u

andryuxa1985 said:
hm... it's to difficult for me... :-/

motor make 100hp at 3000rpm. so pump also rotates at 3000rpm

what a flow and torque that produces pump?

thank u

"Calculating Full-load Torque" will help you get the torque produced by the motor. I am not sure how your motor is connected to your wheel system.

Do you have schematic or something,cause as rock.freak667 said it`s not clear from your first post.

Untitled.jpg

this is a schematic of my project

so i need to choose pump and hydraulic motors to get speed of car about 70mph and torque about 120 N*m

the TC engine rotates constantly 2500rpm and make 100hp and 150N*m

so i need help in choosing of pump and hydraulic motors

thank u!

I depends where you live and if you want to buy parts of the internet,from stores perphaps out of you countery??

1. What is a hydraulic pump and motor?

A hydraulic pump and motor are mechanical devices that work together to convert mechanical energy into hydraulic energy. The pump is responsible for generating the flow of fluid, while the motor uses this fluid to create rotary motion.

2. How does a hydraulic pump and motor work?

The pump draws in hydraulic fluid from a reservoir and sends it through a series of valves and chambers, increasing its pressure. The high-pressure fluid then enters the motor, causing it to rotate and generate mechanical power.

3. What are the different types of hydraulic pumps and motors?

There are three main types of hydraulic pumps: gear pumps, vane pumps, and piston pumps. The most common types of hydraulic motors are gear motors, vane motors, and piston motors. Each type has its own advantages and is suitable for different applications.

4. What are the advantages of using a hydraulic pump and motor?

Hydraulic pumps and motors offer several advantages, such as high power-to-weight ratio, precise control, and the ability to handle high loads. They are also more compact and efficient than other types of mechanical systems, making them ideal for use in heavy machinery and industrial equipment.

5. How can I maintain and troubleshoot a hydraulic pump and motor?

Proper maintenance of hydraulic pumps and motors is crucial for their efficient and safe operation. Regularly checking for leaks, monitoring fluid levels, and changing filters can help prevent malfunctions. In case of any issues, it is important to consult the manufacturer's manual or seek help from a professional hydraulic technician.