Integer solutions for multiple variable equations

In summary, the conversation discusses the use of brute-force in solving Diophantine equations, particularly quadratic ones with multiple variables. The individual is seeking techniques for minimizing the brute-force needed and for finding a general solution or pattern for the solutions. They also provide an example of a specific equation and reference a resource for solving simpler Diophantine equations.
MagnusM
Obviously it will take some brute-force. But how do I minimize the brute-force needed (optimize)? I know one can solve Diophantine equations and quadratic Diophantine equations. But what if I have something like 10 (any number) of variables?

(what if there are no squares, what if there are cubes, other powers fck it gimme everything i can read, bring it on :D)

I don't want you to give me a step by step solution. Could you just push me in the right direction? What are the techniques used for solving this called for example or what are good reads on the subject related to this?

(Does a general solution exist? Will the solutions make up a set/series which can be described as a pattern?) I know I can bruteforce specific solutions, but can I write the solution as a series and what would be the best way of finding it?

If you want me to be specific 7391049=a^2 + 8b^2 + 27c^2 + 64d^2 + 125e^2 + 216f^2 + 343g^2 + 512h^2 + 729i^2 + 1000j^2 + 1331k^2

Mathematics news on Phys.org
I think you'll need a computer to try all combos but even then it may never find an integer solution.

Here's an example of solving a simpler diophantine equation by inspection with a book reference for other tricks:

http://mathforum.org/library/drmath/view/51543.html

ALSO, Please refrain from posting obscenities even as 3 letter words or through other leet speak tricks:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leet_speak

otherwise someone will either report it or your thread will disappear mysteriously...

ALSO, please edit your post NOW to remove it.

Thanks PF will appreciate it.

Likes 1 person

1. What are integer solutions for multiple variable equations?

Integer solutions for multiple variable equations refer to a set of values for the variables in the equation that results in a whole number solution. These values must satisfy the given equation and can be represented as ordered pairs or triples depending on the number of variables.

2. How do you solve for integer solutions in multiple variable equations?

To solve for integer solutions in multiple variable equations, you can use various methods such as substitution, elimination, or graphing. The key is to manipulate the equations and isolate the variables until you find a set of values that satisfies all the equations simultaneously.

3. Can there be more than one set of integer solutions for a multiple variable equation?

Yes, it is possible for a multiple variable equation to have more than one set of integer solutions. In fact, some equations may have an infinite number of solutions. This can be seen in equations with variables that have no restrictions or constraints.

4. What are some real-life applications of integer solutions for multiple variable equations?

Integer solutions for multiple variable equations have many real-life applications in various fields such as physics, engineering, and economics. For example, these equations can be used to model and solve problems involving distance, time, speed, and other physical quantities.

5. Can all multiple variable equations have integer solutions?

No, not all multiple variable equations have integer solutions. Some equations may only have solutions in the form of fractions or decimals, while others may not have any real solutions at all. It ultimately depends on the nature of the equation and the restrictions placed on the variables.