Previewing a Post: LaTeX Graphics Not Showing Up

In summary, the conversation discusses the issue of LaTeX graphics not showing up when trying to preview a post. The problem is that the graphics never appear, despite reloading the page. The individuals in the conversation are wondering if there is always a delay or if they are doing something wrong. One person suggests that it may be an unresolved issue on the website and another suggests a workaround of posting and editing until it works. Both express frustration with the situation.
chaos_5
This may be somewhat of a silly question.
When I am trying to preview a post the LaTeX graphics never show up. It just says that it is being generated, and to reload the page in a moment. The problem is it never shows up. Is there always a huge lag on this, or am I doing something wrong? I even tried to cut and paste the code from valid graphics, just to make sure the lag wasn’t due some code error. Anyway, I'm new here so some feed back on this would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Physics news on Phys.org
I think that is still an issue that has yet to be resolved here at pf.

I have the same issue: my present work-around is to post and then edit, and so on until it works.

I thought i may have to do it that way, man what a pain. :grumpy:

1. Why are my LaTeX graphics not showing up in the post preview?

This could be due to a few different reasons. One possibility is that the code for the graphics is not properly formatted or is missing important elements. Another possibility is that there may be a compatibility issue with the version of LaTeX being used. Additionally, if the post is being previewed on a different platform or browser, there may be differences in how the graphics are rendered.

2. How can I fix the issue of missing LaTeX graphics in the post preview?

If the issue is due to formatting or missing elements, double check the code for the graphics to ensure it is correct. If the issue is due to a compatibility issue, try updating to the latest version of LaTeX or using a different version altogether. If the issue persists, try previewing the post on a different platform or browser to see if the graphics appear correctly.

3. Are there any specific settings I need to adjust in order to see LaTeX graphics in the post preview?

In most cases, there should not be any specific settings that need to be adjusted. However, if you are using a plugin or software specifically for LaTeX graphics, make sure it is properly installed and configured. You may also need to enable JavaScript in your browser for the graphics to appear.

4. Can I add LaTeX graphics to my post without using any external tools or plugins?

Yes, it is possible to add LaTeX graphics to your post without using external tools or plugins. However, this may require a more advanced knowledge of LaTeX and HTML coding. You can include the LaTeX code directly in the post and use a specific HTML tag to render the graphics.

5. Are there any limitations to using LaTeX graphics in a post preview?

There may be some limitations to using LaTeX graphics in a post preview. For example, some platforms or browsers may not support certain LaTeX packages or commands, which could result in the graphics not appearing correctly. It is always best to test the preview on different platforms and browsers to ensure the graphics are rendering properly.