What's Happening at the Human Services Department This Weekend?

• Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date
In summary, several mentors and staff members of the forum will be unavailable this weekend due to an impromptu get-together that requires travel. They will still have internet connection and will try to address any issues or PMs when they can. The forum will still be monitored and an update with more details may be provided in the future.
Just a small announcement that several mentors and I might be a bit scarce this weekend. We are having a sort of impromptu get-together which requires some travel. So don't fret if we don't get to issues or PMs immediately. More information perhaps in the future. Thanks!

Physics news on Phys.org
The forum is mine, all mine!1!

There will be Mentors around, but even those of us who will be on travel will have full internet connection, especially once we're there. At least, that's what Greg indicated. So we can still check into PF whenever we have the chance.

Zz.

Woo-hoo, can't wait for the vacation, thanks Greg!

Okay, but only so long as the aforementioned information with details is supplied at some point.

You guys have all the fun.

So sorry I wasn't able to join you on this trip. Thanks so much for the invitation and have a great time!

Moonbear said:
So sorry I wasn't able to join you on this trip. Thanks so much for the invitation and have a great time!

Oh, hell no. You are NOT backing out. I need someone to hold me steady at the event. Evo's too frail and I might be very wobbly (drunk).

Math Is Hard said:
Oh, hell no. You are NOT backing out. I need someone to hold me steady at the event. Evo's too frail and I might be very wobbly (drunk).

hell no you're not drinking! did you forget already? oh nevermind... :smile:

Guess I'm not one of the cool kids... :cry:

Too bad my wife and I already had visitors from abroad scheduled for this weekend. :cry:

I hope the streaming video works out OK. (It's only for invitees who can't make it, so don't you other folks get any ideas... :smile:)

That reminds me, I should go buy a book. MIH, did you get that swimsuit from e-bay?

Math Is Hard said:

Oops, I forgot my sarcasm warning. :biggrin:

Y'know, I never really did get that invitation, though. You're not going to live that down, lol! I still need to check on why my mail didn't get forwarded from my old address; I'd have thought at the least it would have gotten returned to you. Maybe it's just taking its time getting returned to sender. Thank goodness for phones and emails.

You're going to have a hard time getting drunk on sparkling apple cider though.

Greg Bernhardt said:
Just a small announcement that several mentors and I might be a bit scarce this weekend. We are having a sort of impromptu get-together which requires some travel. So don't fret if we don't get to issues or PMs immediately. More information perhaps in the future. Thanks!

We'll try to be good kids if you promise to post pictures of this PF staff meeting!
Oh just think about it...PF staff pictures at the beach:!)

Lisa! said:
We'll try to be good kids if you promise to post pictures of Evo at this PF staff meeting!
Oh just think about it...Evo pictures at the beach:!)

Bolding mine.

russ_watters said:
Guess I'm not one of the cool kids... :cry:

:rofl: You might try checking the Mentors Forum once in awhile.

Ivan Seeking said:
:rofl: You might try checking the Mentors Forum once in awhile.

Hmm...maybe it wasn't just a forwarding problem with my invitation if Russ didn't get his. That really sucks! We'll miss seeing you there, Russ. But, yeah, Greg has been asking for your email address for a while when you didn't RSVP...I thought I had it, but it must be an old email that you're not checking now.

I have to say, though, I'm glad I'm among the "retired" staff attending. I won't have to worry about checking into make sure PF hasn't gone down in a ball of flame wars with everyone away. :biggrin: I'm looking forward to this trip. I really need a little break.

And, yeah, I think we'll have pictures to post after...though I'm terrible about getting my photos uploaded and sorted, so don't be surprised if it takes me some time after returning to get the photos posted (it was hard enough getting the time off work, so I'm sure I'll be swamped when I return).

Moonbear said:
Hmm...maybe it wasn't just a forwarding problem with my invitation if Russ didn't get his. That really sucks! We'll miss seeing you there, Russ. But, yeah, Greg has been asking for your email address for a while when you didn't RSVP...I thought I had it, but it must be an old email that you're not checking now.

I have to say, though, I'm glad I'm among the "retired" staff attending. I won't have to worry about checking into make sure PF hasn't gone down in a ball of flame wars with everyone away. :biggrin: I'm looking forward to this trip. I really need a little break.

And, yeah, I think we'll have pictures to post after...though I'm terrible about getting my photos uploaded and sorted, so don't be surprised if it takes me some time after returning to get the photos posted (it was hard enough getting the time off work, so I'm sure I'll be swamped when I return).
Russ, check with Greg, I believe he has already arranged for your ticket.

Moonbear said:

You know what? I hope you all have a horrible time!.:grumpy: (Well maybe not really, but it might make me feel a little better about having to miss it.)

Janus said:
You know what? I hope you all have a horrible time!.:grumpy: (Well maybe not really, but it might make me feel a little better about having to miss it.)

No need to be bitter about it, janus. We'll send you all those little umbrellas that come with our drinks! :)

Speaking of which, I should be on my way to the airport already! See you all there!

Zz.

ZapperZ said:
Speaking of which, I should be on my way to the airport already! See you all there!

I just got in a couple hours ago. Weather is good. Hotel does have wireless, muahaha.

Evo said:
Russ, check with Greg, I believe he has already arranged for your ticket.

I just got off the phone with the front desk. Small problem with Russ's room reservation.

Russ, could you bunk with Ivan? There is a pull-out bed and he has one of the larger rooms.

Greg Bernhardt said:
I just got in a couple hours ago. Weather is good. Hotel does have wireless, muahaha.

I'm sure you don't want to spoil your vacation by mentoring the forum anyway, so please let us know when all of you have arrived there so we'll throw a party here at PF:biggrin:

I'm on a red-eye flight late tonight.

Russ has to make the coffee in the morning. :biggrin:

Evo forgot to give me her banning gun. What will I do on PF Chat when somebody goes rogue? I sense trouble.

Plotters, please report to base. Red alert. We start tomorrow 6 am GMT.

turbo-1 said:
Evo forgot to give me her banning gun. What will I do on PF Chat when somebody goes rogue? I sense trouble.

Borek said:
You two are in charge of chat if no mentor is there. Keep names. I should be able to check in off and on.

app_full_proxyphp.jpg
First photos are coming !

I can't wait for the rest of you to get here! My flights were all on schedule (amazing!), so I just got in a little while ago. I'm wiped out from flying, but it's the middle of the afternoon here, so I'm going to head out to the pool in a few minutes and relax a couple hours until dinner, then probably turn in early. I can't wait for everyone else to get here, but after the time change this week and then the flight and time zone change to get here, I'm really glad I arrived a day early.

With the time change, I'll probably be up bright and early tomorrow. Perhaps a good day to catch the sunrise.

Edit: Ha ha...see how tired I am! I missed Greg's message that he's already here. I'll call your room before I head out to the pool and see if you're up for grabbing dinner together. If I miss you, just look for me by the pool.

Math Is Hard said:
I just got off the phone with the front desk. Small problem with Russ's room reservation.

Russ, could you bunk with Ivan? There is a pull-out bed and he has one of the larger rooms.

Isn't Tsu coming? I thought that's why they got the bigger room. I hope she'll still be joining us! You might want to check if Russ' reservation is mixed up with Redbelly's. Since Redbelly ended up having to cancel, and we had all the confusion of whether Russ was coming or not, maybe they canceled the wrong reservation?

If not, my room has a pull-out sofa too (sorry, only one bed) if Russ doesn't object to co-ed sharing (and it'll serve my boyfriend right for not being able to come with me...lol...I can have lots of fun teasing him that I'm already moving other men into my room. :biggrin:). I'm sure between all of us, we can find a room for him to share...I just don't think it would be good to impose on Ivan and Tsu for that. :wink:

Borek said:

Be there or be square. Which forum do you want to raid first?

GeorginaS said:
Be there or be square. Which forum do you want to raid first?

We should start a pool on which mentor will need to be bailed out first.

Then we can start another fund for the bail.

Of course, MiH is the obvious favorite, but I'm not so sure...

lisab said:
We should start a pool on which mentor will need to be bailed out first.

Then we can start another fund for the bail.

Of course, MiH is the obvious favorite, but I'm not so sure...

Oh boy MiH for sure, did you see her antics during New Years in the chat!:rofl: :tongue: :wink: :wink: :approve:

zomgwtf said:
Oh boy MiH for sure, did you see her antics during New Years in the chat!:rofl: :tongue: :wink: :wink: :approve:

Now, now. Take it easy on MIH guys.

Hey, that wasn't a bad flight at all. Starting from the west coast made it a lot easier. And the WiFi is cool. Nice choice for a venue, Greg.

I really needed this time away. We just shipped a really big product at work, and a couple of my EMT shifts lately have been very intense. Sand, warm water, ahhh.

<h2>1. What events are happening at the Human Services Department this weekend?</h2><p>There are several events happening at the Human Services Department this weekend, including a community health fair, a volunteer training session, and a fundraising gala. </p><h2>2. How can I get involved with the events at the Human Services Department?</h2><p>There are many ways to get involved with the events at the Human Services Department. You can attend as a participant, volunteer your time, or make a donation to support the cause. </p><h2>3. Are these events free to attend?</h2><p>Some of the events at the Human Services Department may have a registration fee or require a donation, but many are free to attend. Check the event details for more information. </p><h2>4. Is there parking available at the Human Services Department for these events?</h2><p>Yes, there is parking available at the Human Services Department for these events. However, we encourage carpooling or using public transportation whenever possible to reduce environmental impact. </p><h2>5. Can I bring my children to these events?</h2><p>Some events at the Human Services Department are family-friendly and welcome children, while others may be more suitable for adults only. Please check the event details for age restrictions or recommendations. </p>

1. What events are happening at the Human Services Department this weekend?

There are several events happening at the Human Services Department this weekend, including a community health fair, a volunteer training session, and a fundraising gala.

2. How can I get involved with the events at the Human Services Department?

There are many ways to get involved with the events at the Human Services Department. You can attend as a participant, volunteer your time, or make a donation to support the cause.

3. Are these events free to attend?

Some of the events at the Human Services Department may have a registration fee or require a donation, but many are free to attend. Check the event details for more information.

4. Is there parking available at the Human Services Department for these events?

Yes, there is parking available at the Human Services Department for these events. However, we encourage carpooling or using public transportation whenever possible to reduce environmental impact.

5. Can I bring my children to these events?

Some events at the Human Services Department are family-friendly and welcome children, while others may be more suitable for adults only. Please check the event details for age restrictions or recommendations.